Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Haren
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

3G, Blackberry ID and email problem

I have a blackberyy 9700 and whenever I try to go on the browser, it says this is a WIFI service only? This is not possible as I have 3G. I cant seem to set up my email as it says there is something wrong with the server and it just does not connect. and my last problem is that I can not connect my Blackberry ID to my phone as it requires a secret answer. However I can not remember mine as I just lost my Iphone and now I am back on this phone. I tried going on the website to recover and change password but for some reason I need a secret answer. How can I get this secret answer? When I first purchased this phone 4 years ago everything was working perfectly and now I have so many issues. I would be so greatful if I could get any answers possible. thanks.

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: 3G, Blackberry ID and email problem

First, did you change your data plan back to a BB data plan?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Haren

Yes I did. I called them over 48 hours ago and I recieved the text where I have to turn off phone and on again and still nothing :smileysad: 

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

Have you rebooted the phone by removing the battery? Also, what, exactly, does your signal say? Is it EDGE, edge, GPRS, gprs, 3G, 3g?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Haren

Yes, quite a few times aswell. it says 3G, and when my reception is pretty low it goes to edge. Im thinking that if I reboot the whole blackberry will all my problems be sorted? the reason im holding back is because of my contacts and some files. But if rebooting it will solve it I guess I will have to start writing down my contacts. I really need my emails and browser to work. 

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

Rebooting the BB doesn't get rid of anything. It's the same as restarting your computer. After you reboot do the following:

Open up Manage Connections and click on Mobile Network. Hit the menu key and select Diagnostics Test. Hit the menu key and select "Run." Let it go through its test and see if it tells you that it's "Connected to BlackBerry."
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Haren

Yea I will do this as soon as I have written down my contacts, I will reply back once I have done this.

Thank you for helping me, ill be back!

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

Just reboot and and tell me the diagnostic status. You don't lose any data doing a simple battery pull.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Haren

No I mean, going to security and formatting the whole phone. Seems like the only possible sollution, but I dont want to do this unless its the last possible thing to do. I tried the test and nothing happens, it shows me a blank white screen.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Haren

It worked this time and it says "abort"

Please use plain text.