11-25-2012 09:10 AM
Apologies if this is the wrong forum, i didnt see one specifically for troubleshooting
i searched the forums but everyones problems were solved with steps i copied and it hasnt worked on mine, i bought a bold second hand ages ago and it was working fine until one night when i came in to find my phone switched off with 4 shortish/medium flashing red lights in a sequence, hasnt been dropped or waterdamaged and i had no apps on it and the stock os as i only need it for emails and texts. i cant get it to be recognised by the computer and i know the wire isnt faulty as i borrowed my friends 7230 wire (mini usb is the same for both models) and her 7230 and her husbands 9000 is recognised with and without the battery by my pc and hers.
ive tried the following:
1. battery pull - 1 long red light then the continuous four medium flashes over and over, same when i plug it into a pc (no red light or battery icon at all when plugged in without a battery)
2. using desktop manager - nothing happens no device detected
3. using the jl_cmder - no device detected
4. using apploader by itself - no device detected/ no way to get past the usb/com port screen as the 'next' button is greyed out
5. using apploader through command /nojvm - no device detected/no way to get past the usb/com port screen
6. quickly switching phones with my friend when her phone is recognised without a battery and a update is prompted, it sort of works by letting me choose the os but then says no device detected
can anyone please help me to fix it? this is my only phone
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-27-2012 01:35 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):
This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.
It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:
The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.
Good luck and let us know!
11-28-2012 05:29 PM
11-28-2012 05:50 PM
11-28-2012 05:54 PM
11-29-2012 02:32 PM
11-29-2012 02:42 PM