Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
vask
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon
Accepted Solution

6.0 is sucking my batteries dry on my 9650-help

Like the new 6.0 software but cant use it because it sucks batteries dry in a matter of hours. Its impossible to deal with if you use your phone for business.  FIX PLEASE

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: 6.0 is sucking my batteries dry on my 9650-help

It's unlikely that it's OS 6 that's suddenly doing that to your phone.  This is the first I've heard of battery issues once installing OS6.  Remove your battery while the phone is powered on then replace it.  That'll clear up some unreferenced memory and clean up the phone's operation.

Did you recently install a new app?  It seems strange that installing the new OS would affect your battery life so drastically.  My Torch 9800 with OS 6 gets 2-3 days with heavy facebook and IM use.  Try the battery pull as a first step.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vask

Drained my battery dead ovenight with no use. Will try but there seems to be a lot of chatter on here with respect to diminished battery life with bolds and the new os.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
diffused
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

It takes a few days for a new OS to settle in (don't know why). Re register you phone, resend the service books and call *228 to reprogram it. Then pull the battery out for awhile.
~diffused
Z10, OS - 10.1.0.2151
Verizon
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vask

Hasnt helped, to make it worse ive been trying to reload the previus os to no avail. Im on a mac and when i attempt to go back a version via blackberry desktop it keeps telling me to it cant access files and to try later. Been doing this for a day!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
speeds
My Device: Not Specified

That happened to me also. I turned off the Wi-Fi, fully charged the battery and it solved the problem. Only turn on the Wi-Fi when you need it.

Also check for apps running in the background and that you are actually in a 3G or at least digital area.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vmustang67
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: verzion

Mine did the same thing. Charged overnight dead by afternoon. If you push and hold the blackberry button for a a sec or two a black screen with apps that are running will come up. I had quite a few things running and didn't realize it, I thought I closed them. Now it's been fine. I check it sometimes when I close an app just to make sure it did close. There are like 5 apps that are always there, on mine at least, Home, BBM, Phone, Internet, and message icons. I've only had a blackberry for a few weeks so I'm still learning. But I hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wadah

Help me and I'll click the white start as many times as you want..I need to program a Blackberry Bold for H2O wireless phone service. I have to type alt ES BN and ER. I just dont know which bottons those are. Can you please please help me.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
meganewagner
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks for the tip about the BB button!  I never knew that, and always wondered how I could see what was running in the background!

I charge my phone overnight and it was red and flashing by about 930 this morning.  I will keep an eye on the open apps... but it is also running very slowly!  Both problems are since the upgrade to the new OS on Monday morning. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
speeds

Did you upgrade OTA or DTM?

Please use plain text.