Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone

7.0 to 7.1 stuck ! :(

[ Edited ]

I have tried several times to update. My Blackberry Bold 9790 From OS 7 to OS 7.1. But while creating the backup remains stuck. This is at the beginning of the backup. And this has already happened several times. . I've tried it with the Blackberry Desktop Manager , I've tried it with the wireless update, and I''ve tried it with the ''online'' ''web based'' update, but they all stuck at almost the same moment (early while making the backup), I really want to update my blackberry because there are some new functions and i''ll get some premium apps for free

Is there someone who can help me:smileysad:

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: 7.0 to 7.1 stuck ! :(

Hello DDK97_

Welcome to Support Forums

Can you confirm at which database the backup struck ? Is it the Smartcard option!

You can try this and see if it works :

Connect your Device and run BlackBerry Desktop Software , Click on Device in drop down menu in Desktop Software >  Delete Data > Choose Selected Data > Scroll down and Mark Social Feed Database , then Delete that specific database . After deleting try try a full device backup and see if that allows.

Or Check this KB :

KB29522  : "Error backing up databases" message is generated at Smart Card Options database when backing up the BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

When it is done try updating your device using Desktop Software .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks for your time, i will try this when m back home and i'll let you know if it works for me !
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

You are welcome .. Sure, take your time and do let us know if you feel any problem 

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.