Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: 9000 +
My Carrier: Bell and Rogers

9000 and 9700 models - tethering problem when phone call comes in

We have a BES Server with a policy for our Enhanced BB

Policy allows to grant tethering access with the BB.

I'm currently testing out some 9000 and 9700 from Bell and Rogers ( In Quebec - Canada )

I have a problem with tethering connected to our Corperate VPN and using the phone at the same time.

When tethered to the BB, using Desktop Manager IP modem, I can connect to the Web, and it works.

When connected to the Web, I can get connected to our VPN.

During the connection period, if a phone call comes in, the voice on the phone cuts in and out and will either drop the call in 10-20 seconds first, or the VPN / Web connection drops first ...

In either case, they are not working properly together at the same time.

Is this possible to connect to IP modem and recieve calls without dropping the connection?? Are there additional settings on the BB to configure to allow both functions at once? Is this a Vendor setting to adjust??

I have a user testing out both Bell and Rogers 9000 Series and they both drop the connections and phone calls.

Also, these tests are being performed where signal strength is not a factor.

Laptop being used for testing is connected Via Ethernet, not wireless.

Any ideas or guidance to assist??

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: 9000 and 9700 models - tethering problem when phone call comes in

You wish can only materialized only if your connected in a 3G network. Because only 3G allows both voice and data to be used simultaneously.

If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit