Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ccarnes
My Device: Blackberry 9650

9650 Icon Function change problem

Hello,

Somehow I seem to have changed the function of one of my icons on my blackberry.  I have on my home screen two envelope looking icons, one is the email account I set up, which also groups my messages by conversation.  The other one, which looks like an envelope, but without the globe on it, used to be sort of a catch all that had my emails (but not grouped together by thread), also phone calls would be listed there, etc, and now, all it does when I click on it is just text messages.  How do I get it back to its default mode?  I tried a couple of forms of resetting it, but nothing is working, and I definitely don't need it for text messages, b/c another icon does that.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: 9650 Icon Function change problem

Just simply use the trackpad to highligt the icon, then press the blackberry button and select hide icon, this should solve this problem.

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ccarnes

I think I didn't word the question well.  I don't want to hide this icon.  It used to function differently.  It used to function the way it has on every blackberry I have ever had (which have been several).  But I forgot to lock the keys and while it was in my pocket, this icon changed to a different function.  Somehow it now points to my text messages.  How do I get it back to its default function, which included a list of both emails and phone call numbers?  And it may even have had text messages too, I don't remember, but it definitely had the other two, and if I missed a call or hadn't opened an email, both were under this "evnvelope" icon.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330

What os do you have?
1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ccarnes

OS 6

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330

Press the bb button and click manage panels
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ccarnes

Hmmm, I don't seem to find the manage panels feature.  I tried pushing the bb button in a variety of ways, like while on the icon I want to change, after opening it, etc.  This is a mess.  :-(

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330

Plug it into bb desktop software and reload current software by clicking update
Please use plain text.