Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

dragon-lai
My Carrier: Rogers

9700 Bold synchronization error

I've been getting the following message when I synchronize my address book, memo pad and tasks.  Does anyone know what that means and how to fix that?

"Error encountered.  Error code - 0x80040fb3. Check documentation."

Thanks,

dragon-lai

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: 9700 Bold synchronization error

The below mentioned steps can be followed in BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6.0

Step -1: Turn off wireless synchronization

To synchronize your organizer data, you must turn off wireless synchronization for each type of organizer data that you want to synchronize using the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

1. On your BlackBerry device, in the Calendar application, Contacts application, Tasks application, or MemoPad, press the Menu key > Options.
  2. If necessary, click a calendar or contact list.
  3. Change the Wireless Synchronization field to No or clear the Wireless Synchronization check box.
  4. Press the Menu key > Save.

Step -2: Set up organizer data synchronization

1. Connect your BlackBerry device to your computer.
  2. In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Organizer > Configure settings.
  3. In the Intellisync setup window, select the check box beside an organizer application.
  4. Click Setup.
  5. In the Available desktop applications list, click the organizer application on your computer.
  6. Click Next.
  7. Select the synchronization directions you want for the data in your organizer application.
  8. Click Next > Finish.
  9. To set up synchronization for another organizer application, repeat steps 3 to 8.

Step -3: Synchronize your organizer data

Before you begin: To perform this task, you must first set up organizer data synchronization. Also, on your BlackBerry device, wireless synchronization must be turned off for each type of organizer data that you want to synchronize.

1. Connect your device to your computer.
  2. In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Organizer.

Review the organizer applications and settings that are selected for synchronization and, if necessary, make changes.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.