Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Im not sure if i am in the correct room but ill have a bash.  I have just bought a bold 2 9700 simfree, without contract. the phone is working like a charm, however, i cant seem to get my computer to recognise it when i plug into the USB port.  I keep getting a message saying windows has found new hardware, then, windows will install drivers, then, widows cant find drivers, then insert the disc that came with your divice ( with i have installed) then , windows cant find drivers on disc. it cant even find them online, and a very strange thing also is that on the screen of blackberry a message says that the power source im usin to charge my phone is 2 weak for the job !!!  i have a new 1 terabyte machine, how come ?

any how im in right mess cant get any music or anything on the divice, my compurt just will not recognise it.

any ideas ?

thanking you              ENDEAVOUR63

Solutions: 6,233
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 9700 DRIVERS

I would recommend that you install Desktop Manager, version 5, Service Pack 1, withOUT the Media Manager. Download Desktop Manager from here:

>> Learn more about the Priv by BlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: China Mobile

I love my 9700. Great everything.

Problem in NOT the phone it's our enterprise server also known as a cyber nanny. I just bought a Freedom Keyboard because I hate thumb typing - I know, I know, but I just can't do it.

When I try to download the driver directly to the BB the server will not let me.

So I downloaded the driver (Freedom_Pro_50.jad) unto my PC's desktop.

NOW WHAT?? How do I get that loaded on my 9700. Desktop Manager will not let me do it.

I don't want to send the keyboard back but without the driver is just doesn't work.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

If your comapny firewall wont let you download the software then your out of luck.

If you dont have Administrative permission to install software onto your Desktop PC then your out of luck.

Try doing it on a home PC instead...

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
My Carrier: acn

I've done this and everything went well but the momen i updated the device manager it didn't recognize my phone again 

My Carrier: 20497