Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Indosat

9700 OS6 slow performance?

Hi,

I've just upgraded my 9700 to OS6 recently. Everything seems OK, but what I noticed is the performance is much slower than OS5. What I mean of slow performance is the user experience when using the device like (more waiting time to open Message or any other menu, the slide up/down animation seems lagged). Is anybody experiencing the same as I am?

Thanks

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: T Mobile

Re: 9700 OS6 slow performance?

Same with mine, I've upgraded my 9700 to OS6 about 2 months ago, the device got so slow it got impossible to answer calls whilst waiting for messages to download or chats to close. I just downgraded to OS5 again and it is a lot faster again.

So, seems you are not the only one with that problem

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

This is just a case of OS6 not really being designed for slower, less capable phones. Its designed for the bigger memory and processor in the Torch and Bold 9780. This is nothing to do with your device, this is just os6. It will also depend on how many things you have open at one time! Obviously the more open, the slower it will be. Try to have as little open as possible at the same time. You can check this by holding the menu button for a few seconds and closing any unused apps that are open
New Contributor
My Device: 9650 Bold
My Carrier: Sprint

so how do you downgrade to OS5? I have a 9650 Bold and the calendar is so slow it is useless, sometimes it freezes up.