Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
RajaG
My Device: 9780

9780 Bold Doesn't bring up Mass Storage

Hi

I'm trying to get my bring up mass storage on my BB 9780 but it doesn't do anything. I've tried going to media card whilst connected to my laptop.

It just gives me the following options in storage:

Compression (Disabled)

Media Card Support - ticked

Then just give the amount of storage available.

Please can you help as I need to transfer contacts to this BB 9780.

Thanks

Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360

Re: 9780 Bold Doesn't bring up Mass Storage

Do you have desktop manager installed, I believe usb drivers are installed that are needed for windows to access media card blackberry are loaded when DM's installation.

• If you connecting via usb hub, its best to use direct usb connection. Possible not enough juice being delivered.

• Is your antivirus interfering possibly, anti virus set auto scan any maybe have detected a virus on the media card but unable to remove and had to resorted to refuse connection to protect pc. Odd issues like may occur with antivirus like AVAST which comes with "gaming mode" which does not give alerts that pop up on lower right hand side of screen so not interrupt avid pc gamers. A feature like this enabled and forgotten about can bring up such a situation.

• Has battery pull done little to help.
New Contributor
RajaG
My Device: 9780

[ Edited ]

Hi

Thank you for replying. I've took out the sim card and tried connecting but still the same and even uninstalled the software and installed it again and still the same.

By disabling the anti virus its still the same.

I've got another blackberry 8520 which when I plug in the same usb it works. So it's something on this phone. How can I get the mass storage setting even when its not showing up.

Thanks

Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360

Hello

I connected my 8520 to my pc : it asked if I wanted to enable mass storage mode and I chose no. I did this to test if Desktop manager still sees my media card.

After chosing NOT to enable mass storage mode I opended Desktop manager, I'm using DM 7, it connected to the phone.

Now clicking on "files" on the left desktop managers main view appeared. I clicked on media card and I was able to view its contents so after having chosen NOT to enable mass storage mode I can still view and transfer files.

So try connectng your 9780 to your pc and see DM can view your media card.