Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
blurple
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell Canada

9780 Screen Issues

[ Edited ]

Bell Canada

6.0 Bundle 2921

Battery removal and complete system wipe did not help. No apps installed.

I had this issue back in March while I still had warranty with Bell Canada. I was told it was fixed and that it was confirmed a software issue.

Now I have the exact same issue but I don't have warranty. Can anyone tell me what's wrong? I backed up my data, wiped it and restored it. I was told by a Bell technician that a wipe should fix it, but it did not. 

Initially, if I locked then unlocked my phone, it would clear up, the problem would only happened if my screen was locked and I pressed the red button of back button to illuminate it (0 button worked at illuminating it with errors). Now it's at the point where even if I lock and unlock for 5-10 min. I MAY get my screen back. Even when it's back, if I scroll around or type, the screen pixelates. So hard to text or call or even browse the phone itself.

I was informed that the phone was fixed but I have the exact same problem as before with the exact same phone. 

Photos: 

http://i50.tinypic.com/2py3nn9.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/14bj1ia.jpg

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: 9780 Screen Issues

[ Edited ]

About the only thing you can do is call Bell back and plead with them to look at your issue again.  If Bell returned the phone to you within the warranty period and they claim it was fixed, it's going to be an uphill battle convincing them otherwise outside of the warranty period.  Asking to speak to a manager might get you somewhere but I can tell you right now that it won't be easy.

Sorry I can't be more positive.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blurple
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Thanks. I called Bell and they said there's nothing they can do and I have to pay the bill that RIM sends. I decided I'll just buy a new, non-Blackberry. Very disappointed with the quality of the service and the product itself. 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

The issue you've faced with your BlackBerry phone is not a common issue, therefore knocking the quality of all BlackBerry devices is futile.

As for the service, RIM pays Bell to service the phone for the first year that you own it.  After that year is up, Bell would not be making any money for fixing it therefore there would be zero incentive to do so.

The fact that you got your phone back from Bell in a "fixed" state and still had this happen is a bit disappointing, however to jump ship from BlackBerry might be a bit drastic.

If you really do go, I'm sad that you feel you must do that but please let us know when you come back again.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.