Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
RESERVOIRDOG-24
My Device: Curve 8330
Accepted Solution

9780 Stuck in REBOOT!!!!!!

help....i updated the mail set up software and now it won't reboot.....i received an app error....but nothing since...it just hangs in reboot......

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
jm312
My Device: Bold 9700 v6.0.0.576
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: 9780 Stuck in REBOOT!!!!!!

This is a software problem related to the update.

Please try this:

Pull the battery out, reinsert the battery and keep the escape key pressed for around 1 minute. This kicks the phone into safe mode. Please try this and see if the phone starts. Please try to connect to Desktop Manager and backup data.

If not, follow this (there is a high probability that your data will be lost)

Connect your phone to desktop manager while it is rebooting. Desktop Manager will be unable to connect and give you the option to update. Click update and install the recommended or current versions, the one which is better.

Have you installed BB Protect, it backs up your crucial data so its never lost due to problems like these.

Please post as to how it goes.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Install this on your phone, it helps: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/protect/

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RESERVOIRDOG-24
My Device: Curve 8330

yep....had to update...all data was lost but i did back up earlier so all good!!!!!!
thanks jm312!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
jm312
My Device: Bold 9700 v6.0.0.576
My Carrier: Orange UK

Install Blackberry Protect and set it to back up all data daily, you would never have to lose some of the data you lost.

Glad to help you :smileyhappy:
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Install this on your phone, it helps: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/protect/

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mmmarukot
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Hi! I'm having the same problem with my BB device. I pulled out the battery after I downloaded an app for rebooting. At first it loads all the way until maybe 60%, and then it got stuck on that screen, I waited for an hour but still nothing happens. I tried to connect it to my PC and to the desktop manager but it asked for my device password. I entered my password but nothing happens. I entered it again and again until I ran out of attempts to input my password.
I hope you could help me with this..I'm losing hope already

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
dvdchacon
My Device: BB 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I follow your instructions, when I got to the software update window I have to press ignore to the backup since it did not connect to the BB device; then it started the install and shows "reconnecting to JVM" but the device continue re-booting. It's been over an hour since it started and I do not see any progress..... 

Please use plain text.
Visitor
jezhica
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm having major issues. My Bold 9780 was stuck in reboot, it would get to around 70% then just start rebooting again. I read that I should reinstall the OS, so I did and it worked.

Unfortunately my most recent backup(manually I guess) was last April, so I wanted to download Blackberry Protect again because I had more recent backups saved in there. But the App world made me update the identity before it would let me do anything, so I updated that and afterwards it automatically rebooted itself.

Now it's stuck there again =( So I tried reinstalling the software yet again, but this time it didn't work. Instead of reconnecting to the device after reloading apps and whatnot back on, the phone kept rebooting itself and never fully connecting.

I let it sit for at least twice as long as it says, then I eventually just unplugged it, which terrifies me because it might be dead now but it was just sitting there rebooting, doing no good at all.

I don't know what else to do =( I'm so stressed out. It's 4:30am right now and I'm nowhere near sleep because I ruined my phone =( PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

PS: I've pulled the battery many times. Pulled the battery and the SIM, pulled those with the memory card. Held the power key down to get rid of any remaining battery power once the battery was out. I don't know what else to try. I'll take it into Rogers tomorrow but they usually don't know anything and just say they have to send it in so they're really no help to me. Please Blackberry community: help.

Please use plain text.
waqar786
My Device: blackberry 9780
My Carrier: mobilink pakistan

Dear JM312,

Which one is escape key ? I am facing same problem.... unable to reboot my device. Please help me put..

Thanks

Please use plain text.
waqar786
My Device: blackberry 9780
My Carrier: mobilink pakistan

Dear JM312,

Which one is escape key ? I am facing same problem.... unable to reboot my device. Please help me out..

Thanks

Please use plain text.
snehadalmia
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

I am stuck with the same problem. I tried doing both, but nothing works. The desktop manager does give me the option of 'repair' but does not suggest any updates. It gets stuck on the 'checking for updates' dialogue box. What do I do?
Please use plain text.