04-13-2012 04:57 PM
I am a seven-year BlackBerry user. I bought an unlocked, new 9780 on Amazon recently.
Problem: the phone will not charge.
What I observe:
When the phone is ON and at the time I plug it in
- a plug icon will show over the battery indicator, but the battery does not charge.
- the phone goes into 'Bedside mode'
- when plugging in to a computer via USB, the phone prompts me to choose USB, sync media or charge mode
- when plugged into a computer via USB, files and data transfer as they should, without issue
When the phone is OFF and at the time I plug it in
- the LED blinks quickly like a strobe, not steadily on/off as it should
Plugged in over night, the battery actually loses charge
What I tried:
Different chargers (wall and computer both)
Updating the software via the carrier (T-Mobile, updated to v184.108.40.2068)
Updating the software via the Desktop Software
Checking for and installing program updates on App World
Outside of returning the phone, does anyone have an answer to this problem?