Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Nico73
My Device: 9790
Accepted Solution

9790 Home screen

Hi htere, Please i need assistance:Helpsmilie:.  i am going to throw this phone against the wall:mansad:.  I have installed OS7.1 some time ago:Clap:.  ever since the installation i do not have th option of selecting how many icon row i need on the home screen.

After i have made a call the rows of icons changes from one to two to three.  on my Home screen preference page i only have

1. Launch by typing
  2. Wallpaper setting
  3. download folder
  4. Home screen panels
  5. Reset to dafault setting.

I have used "reset to default" setting a couple of time, and it does not help with the rows of icon displayed on the screen.  I have also check all the setting, and can not find this setting to change it. 

Now i wonder, will it help if i do a back up of the phone, security wipe the phone, and start from cratch, or do I just live it until i can get a new phone in two years time????? or is it an "I D 1 0 T" fault on my part.

BB 9790, OS 7.1 bundle 2039 (v7.1.0.714, platform 9.16.0.158)
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: 9790 Home screen

hello, it is not in the options.

let's say you want the panes to display 2 rows.

1) go on the home screen, any pane will do (for example, Frequent)
2) rest your finger on the name of the pane (in my case, Frequent), then drag it up until two rows are displayed.
3) release your finger.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
Nico73
My Device: 9790

Xandrex, you are a gentleman and a scholar!!!!!! Thank you kindly, will give a like on this one!
BB 9790, OS 7.1 bundle 2039 (v7.1.0.714, platform 9.16.0.158)
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

glad it worked.
I learned everything on this forum, asking questions just like you did! :smileyhappy:

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: