Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: 9790

9790 - apps won't download

Hi.  I have a 9790 that doesn't download apps properly. When downloading I accept the terms and conditions & it just reverts back to the download button. I press the download again and it asks me to accept the t's & c's again,  & repeats this cycle without actually downloading. Help!

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: 9790 - apps won't download

Hi GR-UK

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you are doing it over your Mobile Network you can try the same over wifi , to see if that pass that aggrement page.Also if you are doing it over your Mobile Network then please make sure you have BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS on your account.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

have spoken to O2 (my network in the UK) and they confirm I do have the correct blackberry data plan.  They advised me to download software to version 7.1_2039 which I've done, but it has not helped and the problem persists!

Elite II

Hi GR_UK

On your device are you login with your BlackBerry ID , Homescreen > Options > Device > BlackBerry ID , please check that.Also from a PC browser are able to Login to BlackBerry World with your BlackBerry ID ! 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

yep just tried and logged in (actually tried resetting my blackberry id to see if there was a problem there but still the same)

Elite II

Hi GR_UK

If still not working then try this : On your Homscreen Go to  Options > Device > Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry  World from that list , then perform another Battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On.

After reboot from your BlackBerry Browser browse or Click here  www.blackberry.com/appworld to download the most recent version Available . After reboot Open BlackBerry World and try it again.

New Contributor

Thanks, tried that and still the same - it's running app world version 4.0.0.65 (& then also asked me to download the latest version of blackberry id which I've done too )

appreciate the help, but  to be honest I'm getting the stage of thinking to dunp the phone, it shoudn't be this hard!

Elite II

Hey GR_UK

Whatever you are doing is correct procedure , you have installed the most recent version after reinstalling it will prompt you to download BlackBerry ID software which you did , but still not working . 

As know its disturbing but can you do the same again and try another version of BlackBerry World ? If you want to have a try then Uninstall the current version Of BlackBerry World in the same manner as above , from Options > Device > Application Management < Delete and reboot your device .

Finally from your BlackBerry Browser browse or Click here http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3 to download version 4.0.0.55 . After restart Open it you may need to install the BBID software again. then reboot and have a try .

If still fails then I think its time to call your Carrier Tech Support  to know if something wrong within your account or if they are unable to resolve the issue then ask them to Escalate the issue to BlackBerry for you , believe me they can do .

New Contributor

Hi.  Well after much to and fro-ing with my network providier in the UK I gave up, and as said have changed to a different blackberry.  This has set up great, excepting that this one won't connect to the Blackberry dEsktop software.  It just keeps going back to chossing 'USB Mode, media or charging only, and doesn't connect.  Is there something I should turn on inside the phone.

I'm not doing very well with Blackberry's so far am I !

New Contributor

ps, when plugging it in via the usb lead it does open up the blackberry software and recognises it's a Blackberry Torch 9800, just doesn't connect, regardless of whetehr I pick USB mode or sync media