Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
amacwilliam
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

9790 cannot connect to Desktop Software via Bluetooth

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Bold 9790, running 7.0.0.609.  Desktop Software 7.1.0.32.  Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1

Per the subject, I cannot connect my 9790 to the Desktop Software via Bluetooth.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software (with a reboot inbetween) with no success.

When pairing the phone with Windows, it detects and attempts to install 3 drivers.  The only one that is successful is the modem profile.  No other drivers are installed.

The Desktop Software does not see the phone.  If I attempt to install the phone through the Desktop Software initially, it will see the phone, however the same problem occurs with the drivers.

I should also note that the phone is set to always connect to the PC.

Can somebody please advise?  I'm at my wits end here.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Re: 9790 cannot connect to Desktop Software via Bluetooth

Hello

Please open desktop manager and click on the [?]....and click on : view installed components

I have:

Blackberry device manager 60048
BBDevmgr 42015
Rim usb driver 42014
Rim usb serial driver 2309
Playbook RNDIS driver interface 10038

App loader 71022
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amacwilliam

Hi f0xx386,

I can't access that option from the [?] menu in the Desktop Software application.  I can see something similar when I open the Device Manager properties and choose "About".

Under there, I have:

BlackBerry Device Manager  6.0.0.48

BBDevMgr  4.2.0.15

RIM USB Driver 4.2.0.14

PlayBook RNDIS Driver Interface  1.0.0.38

That's it.

Thx

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Hello

Is this is a HP (hewlett packard) laptop/desktop pc.

Because my brother's HP Laptop is giving me hassles, does not connect at all, however in his case some dll file is missing. In your case Rim serial usb driver doesn't install. I think there is software conflict, I couldn't DM 7 on the HP, DM 5 installed but with dll error mentioned earlier.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-PC/Blackberry-Desktop-Manager-doesn-t-re...

Try some steps mentioned in the above thread.

Let me know if it works.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amacwilliam

It's a Dell Vostro... I see you posted something else after this referring to a KB article, so I'll check that out. Thx again
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
phmorr
My Device: curve 8520

Hi,

I have had similar problems for some time but with a 8520, despite updated BBerry desktop software to 7.1. However, I have just done the following which seems to have fixed blueooth connectivity & sync glitches - perhaps I accidentally found  the correct order to proceed, who knows.... :

OS Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 on a Sony Vaio VPCY2

- Control panel/programs & functionalities/BBery desktop software 7.0 - right click uninstall/repair -> repair

wait for that to finish & close.

- Open Control panel/peripherals & printers/bluetooth ->delete/remove the device (phone)

- Open Blackberry desktop software/Device/Forget device -> A)confirm (forget phone) ; B)  Blackberry desktop software/Tools/Desktop option/Bluetooth -> restore default settings (tick both boxes Desktop options & settings and Dont' show this message agein etc) -> Restore.

Then recommence the bluetooth pairing procedure between computer & phone :

- Blackberry desktop software/Tools/Add a bluetooth device etc etc follow the instructions.

NB.A few strange  prompts appeared on my laptop desktop, such as ' bluetooth device failed to pair' bluetooth software absent' etc...however I simply ignored these, since visibly the laptop located the 8520 & vice versa.

However it may pay to check on the BBerry itself that the phone settings are correct when synching/re-synching when restarting the laptop/Desktop software :

- Manage Connections/Bluetooth Options/Paired Devices/Device properties -> Trusted 'Yes' & Encryption 'Enabled'

Hope this also works on later BBerry phone versions.

Please use plain text.