Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
luv2stub
My Device: Not Specified

9790 ghost battery drain

My phone indicates that the battery is low and then shuts down. After it shuts down the battery life appears to be restored.

Sometimes the shut down happens up to 3 times consecutively.

Also, I recently purchased a new battery. The older battery which worked well now doesn't work at all which leaves me wondering if it is related to the other issue.

Can you help?

Thanks

Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: 9790 ghost battery drain

Hello luv2stub and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with your battery and your device performance.

To clarify, you bought a new battery and the same issue happens? Or does the new battery display the same error and power off? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Forums Advisor III
mondi21
My Device: 9320/7.1.0.865 (B2428)

Make sure the new battery is not fake.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
Contributor
RaverWild
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

I also have 9790. Problem comes with what apps you use - some apps drain your battery for 30 minutes and the battery is then super-hot. I avoid using such apps. Sad but true.

For example install the Fashion Icon game - it's cool game but drains my battery for 20 minutes. I deleted the game. This is just one example.

So check when this happens - for sure you are using some app which drains your battery. Find out which app is this and delete it. Sad but true.