Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
rpereira
My Device: Bold 9790

Re: 9790 : the official OS releases

h_jarbo3 wrote:
Good !!! , i'll upgrade my os right now !!!

Thank you so much :smileyvery-happy:

Does mobile hotspot feature apeear?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rpereira

My carrier, TMN PT, doesn't allow hotspot feature :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maidaespiritu
My Carrier: Globe Telecom, Inc.

Hi! Would this upgrade solve my problem in setting up my email on Bold 9790?
I just got my handset and it's brand new, however whenever I try to setup my email account, it requires me an Enterprise Activation and it doesn't give me other options like the ones shown on the demo. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

maidaespiritu wrote:
Hi! Would this upgrade solve my problem in setting up my email on Bold 9790?
I just got my handset and it's brand new, however whenever I try to setup my email account, it requires me an Enterprise Activation and it doesn't give me other options like the ones shown on the demo. :smileysad:

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

No...your problem is completely different. To use the proprietary RIM Push email capability, you must have an adequate data plan from your carrier. The carriers host BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) for their BB users. Typically, BIS is not available via generic data plans. Many carriers call what is necessary The Blackberry Data Plan. Whatever they call it, it is the carrier who delivers BIS to their BB users -- contact them for assistance. Once you have a BIS-capable data plan on your BB (at whatever fees your carrier will charge, btw), you will then have Personal Email added to the email setup wizard.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maidaespiritu
My Carrier: Globe Telecom, Inc.

Thank you! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
h_jarbo3
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: STC

Hi all , it tried to download the telenor release , but am a little rusty on computers , I got my phone wiped :X !!! , I tried to reinstall my current version but the desktop software didn't detect any version , I paid 60 SR (saudi arabia) to reinstall the OS to a shop , that happened about 3 weeks ago , I think that I'll buy 9900 , cuz am sick of waiting for it , I even tried to contact with my carrier , they didn't even replay for a month now , **bleep** you 9790 ;'( , I started hating blackberry because of you
Please use plain text.
Contributor
h_jarbo3

Oh , I forgot something , the ice cream sandwich was announced after 7,1 OS , my brother is now installing it on his galaxy note , and I am still dreaming of 7,1 release ;'(
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

h_jarbo3 wrote:
Oh , I forgot something , the ice cream sandwich was announced after 7,1 OS , my brother is now installing it on his galaxy note , and I am still dreaming of 7,1 release ;'(

It is unfortunate that you had such a bad experience using another carriers OS package...there are well documented processes to do so, and your result I would consider unusual indeed. But, in all cases, it's the carriers that control OS releases to their end users. Since we know that at least one carrier has released 7.1.0.336 to their end users, that tells us that RIM has released 7.1 to all the carriers for the 9790, but some have adopted it and some have not. Yours (STC Saudi Arabia) has not...so I think your issue would be directed at them rather than RIM? For, after all, they are holding up the release to their end users...

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
h_jarbo3

I know that RIM does not have any responsibility about my issue , but my carrier released it for both torch 9810 ,9860 , and bold 9900 , my post is stress releaving only ;p am totally aware of this problem , I also know that I have two solutions , 1- download the unofficial release , 2- wait for my carrier to release it officially ,

Sorry sdgardne for not clearing what I meant about my post , I just wanted to let it out :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ah...OK then. Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.