Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
etep15
My Device: Not Specified

9900 Bluetooth locking up phone when pairing with 2011 BMW

I have both a brand new 2011 BMW 335 and a new bold 9900. I had paired with my old 9700 just fine with this vehicle. It worked great. However having now paired the 9900 it causes the bold to lock up, drop calls, and lose the bluetooth connection. The phone becomes completely unusable. I've tried removing the devices from each other and re-pairing and that didn't help either.

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone having the same issue? I would have to guess this would be a problem with any car bluetooth pairing. Not just a BMW but who knows? 

Is there an update from RIM forthcoming or is this something I should be looking to BMW for?

Thank you for any insight or help.

Regards,

Peter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BBSKI
My Device: Z10

Re: 9900 Bluetooth locking up phone when pairing with 2011 BMW

I have had the same problem with my M3 however today the journey to work was faultless.

Last night I corrected the problem I had been having with caller id not showing and a java uncaught error...not sure if either of these fixes helped with bluetooth but no issues this morning  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
etep15

Thanks for the reply. What did you do that you think may have fixed the problem?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
biggerquest
My Device: Bold 9900

I'm having the same issues, I have a 2011 BMW 530d and my Bold 9700 worked great with no connection problems via bluetooth, I now have a 9900 but when it connects via bluetooth in the car it works for about 2 minutes then drops out and doesn't reconnect, does anyone have a fix or know if there is going to be an update to fix this problem?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BBSKI

I did two fixes for other issues, firstly a reboot (remove the battery and reinsert a minute later) and second, a change to the security settings relating to contacts. Since then no issues with Bluetooth linking to the car although it has been only one day but so far so good...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
biggerquest

Hey, thanks for the advice I will try that tomorrow, by the way what did you change in the security settings relating to contacts?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BBSKI

Hi,

Options>Security>Encryption>   then uncheck 'Include Contacts'

Please use plain text.
Contributor
biggerquest

Hi, thanks for getting back to me, I have made the changes in Security, hopefully all will be well when I drive to work tomorrow, I will keep you posted, thanks again!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Melp

I have a Mazda CX9 and am also having problems when pairing. It worked for a few days however the synch is not automatic and then I began to experience problems and could not get the thing to work at all. I spent hours with Tech Support trying alternatives and eventually went to Mazda to have the Bluetooth system rebooted. They advised that my new 9900 is not compatible with my Bluetooth and therefore I will probably continue to experience difficulties. After the reboot today everything is working ok (I still need to always accept connectivity which is a bother) but I wonder how long this will last. So not purely a BMW problem it seems. Really annoying as I am happy with the phone otherwise.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
etep15

Thanks for all the help so far!

Unfortunately for me, I went to these security settings and this setting was already unchecked. In fact everything was unchecked. Apparently nothing is being encrypted on my phone. I doubt adding encryption would help?

Pete

Please use plain text.