Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
biggerquest
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: 9900 Bluetooth locking up phone when pairing with 2011 BMW

Hi, it's the same for me, it still doesn't work, I think this maybe an OS problem I have tried contacting RIM but I cannot get hold of anyone, it's really frustrating as my Bold 9780 worked perfectly without any issues at all.

It's really not good as I do a lot of driving and I have to use the headset all the time, my next step is to contact BMW to see if an update is required for my car.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
etep15
My Device: Not Specified

Let me know what you find out on the BMW side. However this looks like a problem with more than just BMW's. Although perhaps everyone needs to update. I don't know. Hopefully RIM will put out a patch.

Hoping RIM may chime in on this discussion on whether they are aware and working on a possible solution?

Pete

Please use plain text.
joef2323
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

I am experiencing the same issues with 2011 Cadillac Escalade.   Seems like a widespread problem with BB 9900.   Hopefully RIM will provide update sooner than later.   Other than this issue I love the phone.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MBCL
My Carrier: Bell Mobilty

I have a 2011 BMW 535xi  and my Bold 9700 worked flawlessly when using the bluetooth connection.

I bought a 9900 2 weeks ago and when it connects via bluetooth it frequently drops out and might reconnect a minute later. Most of the times it does not reconnect.

I have replaced it with another 9900 last week and still have the same annoying issues. Any news or updates from RIM?

Mark

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
juicyfabulous

It's the same for me too! I have a BMW 328 2011 and it looks as though BMW is a top contender with this issue. I have asked the people around my office and it appears we all have same problem. Don't bother contacting RIM as their tech support would like to charge $30 (personal) or $250 (company phone) to even talk to you about your issue but will not return the money if they cannot fix this issue. I'm personally offended! I've contacted Rogers and they said we'll have to wait for the new OS to fix this glitch!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
biggerquest

Hi, you're right! I took my car to BMW today to get checked out and was told that there is nothing wrong with the bluetooth system in the car.

The phone connects ok but drops out due to the OS on the phone, they said that they have had several customers with the same issue with the 9900, so it seems that we have to wait for an update from RIM, they are fully aware of the situation I only hope they act quickly!
Please use plain text.
blairius

I have the same problem when pairing my new Bold to my BMW X3 - bluetooth works for a minute or two, then drops the call and freezes the phone. My wife's BB 9780 works fine. It's really irritating - makes me think I should have bought an iphone.

Over to you Blackberry....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
biggerquest

Yes it is very frustrating to say the least!

I have paired up a Nokia E72 and it works fine with no problems, so its definetely the 9900 that has a problem.

I wish RIM wouldn't release phones knowing that the Bluetooth just doesn't work correctly, I love the phone but I am now considering taking it back and swapping for an iphone!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
juicyfabulous

Most definitely! I'm thinking of taking my old blackberry back to use in the meantime. This is just ridiculous.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bmmb27
My Device: 9900

I have a new 2012 BMW X5 and my 9900 will not successfully communicate via bluetooth. It will constantly drop calls, then freeze up and the only means to reboot the 9900 is a battery pull.

No response from my rep at RIM, although BMW is aware of the issue and indicate a bluetooth SW fix is required from RIM.

I am getting fed up with RIM bringing inferior untested products to market. Possibly time for an Android phone!
Please use plain text.