Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

outerjase
My Device: 9900 bold
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: 9900 Bluetooth locking up phone when pairing with 2011 BMW

I am in the UK and have a 520D. BMW inform me that they have not yet tested the 9900 with their bluetooth kit. They do have a link system which can be used as a temporary fix. This is activated by going to a website with your vin number and entering all the details. The website generates a 4 digit pin code to use in the car and with the handset. Pairing the phone and car using this method gives you a tempoary link whilst they work on a permanent software change. I phoned BMW UK who said they would talk you through the process (havent done it yet as still waiting for the handset to be delivered from my company). the phone number for BMW in UK is 0870 5050160

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
juicyfabulous
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

That's very helpful. Thank you. Let me ask BMW Canada and see if we can get a link as well.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
biggerquest
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

Thanks for the info, I have the same vehicle as you,  I just called BMW CS on the number you have given and asked the question, they said they do not know anything regarding a temporary fix for this problem, they told me to go to the UK website, click on the owners area, click on Bluetooth and then enter the last 7 digits of my VIN Number, but when doing so it just gives you a list of all the compatable phones and the functions avaiable for your vehicle.

I will be very interested to know what the link is for the temporary fix when BMW give it you, as when I called, the CS agent I spoke to didn't know anything about it.

Anyway many thanks for your help, please keep me posted if you manage to sort the problem out.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bmmb27
My Device: 9900

I did speak to BMW Canada and was told that this was a RIM software issue, and that they had no solution for the new 9900. The vehicle's bluetooth works fine with my old Torch.

I was told to wait for RIM to release a new software update - I have been waiting over two weeks now!

Think I can sent RIM my ticket when the police pull me over for using my phone without bluetooth. This is ridiculous for those of us who do business in our vehicles !

If anyone hears differently from BMW Canada, please let me know.
Please use plain text.
outerjase
My Device: 9900 bold
My Carrier: vodafone

Strange. I guess it depends on who answers the phone and their level of knowledge. The guy I spoke to read the website address out to me, but as I was talking whilst driving and still waiting for the handset I didn't write it down. What I do remember is that it is not a usual bmw.com/uk/ etc site, it was something like www.bmwconnector.com however I have tried to google for it and can't find it. I am still waiting for the handset, which I am told won't be here now until 2nd week of October (by that time RIM may have a solution). When I get it I will explore every possible soultion and post any success. In my job I use the phone about 4 -5 hours per day in the car, so not having hands free is not an option.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bmmb27
My Device: 9900

I have spoken to a tech support person at RIM and they acknowledged the issue. Apprantly a fix will be here in 4-6 eweeks. I have found a temporary solution which worked for me, albeit not ideal, until such time.

If, on your BB, one goes to the Bluetooth device screen, and click the options for the device (vehicle) you are connected to, choose disable for Contacts Transfer, and save those settings.

When I did so, although my phone book contacts will not load in my BMW, at least my bluetooth works, and my device is not freezing.

I have to dial from my phone, but incoming calls are fine.
A temporary solution, until RIM gets this figured out.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alaghbar
My Carrier: Etisalat

thanks for the tip, i was having this issue from the day i got this phone (9900), i am driving 550i GT 2011 and it was very hard to use the phone as it kept on disconnecting and connection during the call.

once i removed the contacts synch. it is stable, yes as you had mentioned i had to use the phone to dial but at least i am not getting this disconnection any more.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
juicyfabulous
My Device: Blackberry 9900

Unfortunately it didn't work for me. It worked for the first phone call, and then it dropped and froze my second phone call. RIM!! Please fix this issue asap!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
alaghbar
My Carrier: Etisalat

i am afraid you are correct, worked for a day and then went back as it was before, i am using the phone and heading tomorrow to buy a bluetooth headphone, this is becoming a drama and cant stand it.

i wonder when RIM will correct this issue.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grwstevens
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Same problem with Bold 9930 and BMW 328

Just weighing in from Los Angeles to report the same problem. Previous gen Bold worked find with my new BMW 328 telematics/Bluetooth system, but the Bold 9930 is a POS. I've gone through two devices in less than a month, both with the same buggy problems: (i) random disconnects from vehicle's Bluetooth connection; (ii) followed by device lock-up, where I can't even transfer the call to the headset.

BMW North America has no solution. The dealer blames RIM/Verizon. Verizon blames BMW (of course). The dealer, however, is right. I work in tech, and know a software bug problem when I see one. This issue is clearly on RIM. For the love of God, RIM! Put some quality !@$!^^*!# QA talent in your product dev cycle before you release a new OS, let alone launch a new device. It's not like BMWs are some sort of obscure, rare vehicle to use-case test with! No wonder your company is going down the tubes and your customers are defecting to iOS and Android. Just pathetic!

Get this fixed, NOW!

Please use plain text.