Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Shawng
My Device: Blackberry 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Same problem with Bold 9930 and BMW 328

I'm going through the same thing with my 2011 and the Bold 9930 on Verizon. Waiting for a fix through blackberry...this is ridiculous. I have been contemplating switching to the new iphone that integrates right into the car! Someone please let us know if you find a fix!!! Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bmmb27
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

I had previosuly thought i had a temp fix, by disonnecting my contact synch on my 9900, but alas, the device freezing has started occuring again. So I am back to square one, with NO bluetooth capability in my new BMW X5. This is NOT a BMW issue, and retarded that RIM has not addressed it, nor will even respond to any or all of these posts!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MBCL
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mobilty

Make your lives easy and just return the phone. It is not worth waitng for RIM to see if and when they come up with a fix.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
etep15
My Device: Not Specified

What I have been doing is using the Blackberry as an additional phone. So I still receive calls on it through the bluetooth system. However I also have an iPhone through work and I use that as my main phone in the car. It all works well. 

However this obviously is not the perfect solution and not the solution for everyone. Honestly, who has two phones? :smileyhappy:

Hopefully there is a fix soon.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grwstevens
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

I also tried your suggested approach of disconnecting contact synch, which didn't take.

And I agree, where is the RIM Mod on this thread? They need to grow a pair and engage.....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
alaghbar
My Carrier: Etisalat

i gave up trying, i am back to my old phone simply because i need to move on with this, until the time RIM wakes up and finds a solution so next time they dont drop a new phone and a new OS without testing them first.

i liked the phone, and i like my car but i could not enjoy them both

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tom120166
My Carrier: Telekom

Re: 9900 Bluetooth locking up phone when pairing with 2011 BMW

Greetings from germany

The same kind of problems, my new 330d an my brandnew 9900 don´t work, freezing and stopping calls, I´ve tried every option, I could find, without any effects. No need to say, that my old 9700 worked without any problems

Did anyone hear something new about this problem, or does RIM react in any way?

P.S.: My provider blames BMW, BMW blames....(you all know the rest of the story)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bmmb27
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Isn't this a Blackberry Support website!!  Where are they and how come we have no response from Support.

Enough is enough - the least RIM could so is acknowledge the issue and provide some update?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alinaari
My Carrier: Telekom Germany

I found a simple workaround that works on my BMW and 9900 but I believe it will work for all.
1. Delete the pairing completely from your BMW
2. Delete the pairing completely from your 9900
3. On the 9900 go to Networks and Connections > Bluetooth Connections > Options --- and disable ALL the bluetooth services EXCEPT Handsfree.
4. Perform a new pairing with the car.
5. Voila. The contacts will load and the Bluettooth pairing will be flawless. Have been test driving it for two weeks now to make sure, before posting.

Upside: Battery life improves.
Downside: Cannot use other bluetooth services that are not "Handsfree". So if you are using the 9900 as your Bluetooth modem or something this may not work for you.

Hope that helps.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alaghbar
My Carrier: Etisalat

personally i think RIM needs to improve their services otherwise they might end up slowly on the down stream, look at the problems and issue they are facing with their network, i for an example seriously thinking to go iphone and that is the opinion of many others.

so can RIM wake up and start addressing issues they either never thought about or giving the deaf ear thinking people dont have a choice.

surprises are on the way 

Please use plain text.