Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
alinaari
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: 9900 Bluetooth locking up phone when pairing with 2011 BMW

Don't be kicking them when they're down, mate ;-)
They deserve some extra grace period to get their act together for being the first smartphone out there and for having such great products over the years. Besides, I'm sure the iPhone and co. are not without their problems - you just don't hear about them in this forum... The BB is a great workhorse. Although I strongly agree that the quality control with the 9900 has been really poor. Too many loose ends, too many things half baked: the battery life, the bluetooth issue (see solution above), the involuntary jumping between web pages and the poor rendering of some web sites (they are either "zoomed out" too much or "zoomed in" in such a way that you must sling left and right to read the text).
So yeah, I am waiting for solution too and I'm confident BB will come thru.
Contributor
alaghbar

thanks for your reply but i did try what you had suggested but did not work for me, it did for 3 minutes then i got disconnected and the phone hanged up and i had to remove the battery to reset it)

i guess i am going back to my 9800 Tourch or back to the old headphone.

let's wait and hope the solution comes ASAP

New Contributor
SimonBertram

I have just tried this after searching for a fix all week. Thanks in advance, hopefully a solution to a REALLY annoying problem that shouldnt have existed.

New Contributor
alinaari

For this to work, please make sure to:
1. Completely delete the pairing from the car.
2. Completely delete the pairing from the blackberry.
3. Remove ALL bluetooth services, including Headset. The ONLY service that should be left is Handsfree.
4. Only when the above is completed a new pairing can be created.

Tried it on two cars. Worked on both.
Contributor
biggerquest

Hello Alinaari, I tried your solution today and so far for the last 6 hours I have had no lock out, no loss of connection and the phone works great..Fantastic!!!!

Thank you very much for your contribution, everyone else please give this solution a go, I also got my colleague to do the same and he also has had no problems with his Bluetooth since..

Thanks again.

New Contributor
grwstevens
My Device: Bold 9930

I too have given Alinaari's soluiton a try. The good news is that I'm so far maintaining Bluetooth connectivity, and calls are not being dropped. However, my 9930 device is still freezing and locking up in any other use mode (e.g. checking e-mail, using Messenger, etc.), so battery pulls are still sometimes necessary. Still, I'll take this stop-gap until RIM comes up with total fix. Hopefully it will hold!

Thanks very much, Alinaari.

New Contributor
Tom120166

Hello,

trying for some hours, and  my 9900 works without freezing and dropping calls in my car. 

Thank you for your solution!

Johnlawson

The fix works - in that my phone, contacts, calendar and tasks (the latter two using the Bluetooth Calendar Sync app) now work in my March build 2011 5er. However the email does not sync, nor do the pictures come over with the contacts any more.

RIM please get your [e.d.] together on this ASAP.
New Contributor
mpoczynek
My Device: 9900

I have a brand new 2011 BMW 535xi, and I tried deleting/relinking with only the handsfree on and made one call then the phone locked up and I lost connection.  Problem not solved. 

Contributor
alaghbar

Hi,

I tried Alinaari suggestion on my 2011 550xi and it is not disconnecting, just make sure you follow his instructions and specially the MAP options (make sure they are all unchecked) it will synch your contacts and it will not disconnect but you will not be able to read your emails/SMSs but the phone works fine, thanks to alinaari it is a temporary solution until the time RIM comes up with a permanent one.