Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
zgwarnki
My Device: Bold 9900

9900 Bold - Old Appointments Disappeared After Sync

Hello BlackBerry Support Community,

After my most recent sync with my Toshiba Sattelite laptop, all of my old appointments disappeared. I think  that there was an option to do this and I am sure that I did not do this intentionally. It has never happened before on previous syncs. I am running software 7.1 Bundle 998 but do not have Outlook on my laptop. I am pretty sure everything is backed up in a .bbb file from the date of this sync. The question is how do I restore all of these old appointments to my calendar from this file or elsewhere.

Help!

Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: 9900 Bold - Old Appointments Disappeared After Sync

Hello zgwarnki and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

You said you did a sync with your laptop - what type of sync did you do? Did you sync your Calendar with a Desktop program?

In your device Calendar if you go to Menu>Options under Calendar Display and Actions what's selected for Keep Appointments?

Have you made any new Calendar appointments since you did backed up your data or did the sync? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
zgwarnki

Thanks for the response; sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Yes, I did sync with a Desktop program when I lost all my old appointments. I checked in my Device under calendar options and under "keep appointments" it says "forever" as I knew I had checked this option. Any more suggestions?

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

you did the sync using the Desktop software, but with which calendar tool on your Windows installation ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
zgwarnki

Xandrex,

I am not sure what you mean or are referring to when you ask "which calendar tool on [my] Windows installation." I use sbc/yahoo for my email and it/yahoo has a calendaring function that my BB has entered appointments into in the past.  That does not seem to have happened on my last sync. Today, 1/4/13, I am updating my BB software on my laptop to something more recent than 7.1 Bundle 998. Hope that doesn't mess things up more.