Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: tmobile

9900 Duplicate Icons Issue

Hi,

I have a duplicate icons issue.  The "Manage Connections" icon appears twice.  If I hide one, they both become hidden.  They both lead to the same location when I access them.  How do I remove the duplicate?

How it happened:

I was in the middle of moving the "Manage Connections" icon when I received a call.  Upon finishing the call, I went to complete the move and ended up with two.

What I've tried:

I've tried hiding (the icon, not me).

I've tried pulling the battery.

I've moved one into a folder (where it resides for now).

New Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold

Re: 9900 Duplicate Icons Issue

I too am experiencing this but with my Contacts icon.  The second icon for contacts appeared as was moving another icon within the home folder and an email came through, freezing the screen for a second.  After that noticed immediately that there were two contact icons. 

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: tmobile

My duplicate is gone now but i'm not exactly sure what I did to fix it.  I did one of two things, I either sync'd with my computer or I did an OS upgrade.  then again, i may have just did a backup and refresh since the phone was only a few days old and i hadn't loaded it with much stuff yet.  hope one of those 3 solutions helps.

Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: dialog

for getting contact to mange perfectly, please install google sync app. 

sign in google account with it, and update. then all your contact will get update on the google contact list.

later get in google, sign in your id, and goto contacts there will be a option call find duplicate. click it and it ask you to merge the similer contacts. once you sort out, your contacts will be backd up always... 

no worries..

i have a lot of experiance towards this. once my bold 9700 screen went off. then i had chance to change into my old bb 9000. 1st i installled the google sync, updated, all my contacts are on my phone..... 

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold

[ Edited ]

Hello aae1983:

My duplicate icon also went away at about the same time.  I am on a BES and so I would think it was some sort of update that cured this for both of us.

The only issue I have left is since I moved one of the duplicate contacts icon to my frequent panel/folder, I can no longer move it back to the main screen.  Now I don't have this icon on my main screen but only in the other folders, such as "frequent/favorites".  The option "move" is no longer offered from the menu for this icon, so go figure, LOL!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: Vip Serbia

Bold 9900 OS v7.1.0.923

Tonight I've noticed that second Media icon appeared on my All tab, when I hide it, only that one goes away. I've recently done update to this OS version (yesterday) and after battery remove and waiting for about 30 sec it dissapeared... Also my Voice Mail icon looks exactly like Phone icon witch is very annoying. Good thing is that I don't use voice mail so I can keep it hidden or I would be in serious trouble.