Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
pamoo33
My Device: Bold 9900

9900 OS & vehicle bluetooth not conversing

I have a bold 9900.  Initially I had problems with reception and so the os(7.0 bundle )   was upgraded to OS 7.1 bundle 1310.  I then upraded to OS 7.1 bundle 2108.  However with both versions (bundle 1310 & 2108) I could not pair my phone with my 2011 Kia Soul.  After several frustrating calls to Rogers and to Kia to get help with this issue - i tried a few things.  

Downgraded to OS 7.0 bundle 1346  and bold paired beautifully with KIA but poor reception.  Upgraded to OS 7.0 bundle 2406 and again, bold paired beautifully with KIA - but my reception became lousy again. With OS 7.0 my battery life sucks as well.

Upgraded to OS 7.1 bundle 1310 and phone would not pair with vehicle.  I really want to use the bluetooth equipped with my vehicle since I am on the road alot, but the OS system that works(7.0) provides poor reception and poor battery life.  Does anyone have any suggestions.  I would gladly chuck the phone but I cannot afford a new one and my contract is not up for another 2 years.  I have only had this phone for about 9 months so it is still under warranty  

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rosebags
My Device: bold 9900

Re: 9900 OS & vehicle bluetooth not conversing

its under warranty so if i were you, i would take it back to them and get them to get it repaired.
maybe there is a glitch in the upgraded bundle software and the bluetooth application ?
bottom line is that the connection between the phone and the car is via bluetooth. the car may need to be reviewed also.
can you try connecting up another phone to the car for a short time to see if its the car or the phone issue??
Please use plain text.