Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Younboy69
My Device: 9900

9900 Red Blink Problem

Hi everyone on blackberry support forums, i have a 9900 with red blinking problem, i suppouse is like a efs problem, got the stp_boldR005U768_rfos_ramimage, M F I and some as well, wondering is Blackberry support give us a solution for us, or just try to make for ourselves, in case of it, i really appreciate for the correct procedure to fix it.

Thank in advance.

PD : I have T-Drive 2012

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: 9900 Red Blink Problem

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry, but from those words, I do not quite understand..."efs problem"??? "M F I"???

But, if your issue is that the LED is blinking and nothing else is happening then, please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
karimt973
My Device: blackberry bold 9900

hi I have the same problem with my bb bold 9900, and your solution doesn't work, how can we contact blackberry to figure it out ?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Formal support is only available via your formal support channel. For this type of issue, that would normally be your original place of purchase or an authorized service center...it varies by region, so check your original purchase documentation to find out the support channels to which you are contractually bound.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
koh-berry
My Device: Bold 9900

To whom it may concern (Please kindly direct this email to the GM of RIM Singapore and APAC):

Dear Sir/Madam,

As a loyal consumer of Blackberry, I earnestly need to report several unpleasant incidents for your immediate attention.

Firstly, I want to inform you that I have been using Blackberry Smartphone devices for more than 8 years. I have strong sentiment for all my Smartphone devices and despite many newer options in the market, I have never consider changing. But my recent experiences has really make me wonder if my decision is justifiable!!

About 2 months ago, I had a problem trying to sync my Blackberry Bold 9900 and when it did, I realized my contacts were missing. I called the telco Blackberry technical support team for assistance but they couldn’t resolve the problem after many days of troubleshooting and investigation. I was then advice to go to the Expert Center at Picturehouse personally. I tried to explain to them that I am using my desktop to sync my Blackberry device and had requested for a phone support instead of traveling down to the center. But I was told Blackberry does not have such service in Singapore.

Reluctantly, I make my way to the Expert Center. My first unhappy encountered happened at the center.  While trying to get a queue from queuing system, the Blackberry device programmed to issue tickets was not working. Apparently, the queuing system was not properly program to issue tickets. We (another two customers ahead of me) stood there for more than 10 minutes trying to figure out how to get the queue number and nobody for the Expert Center was available to assist us. It was after 15mins that I managed to pull a technical guy out from the office to assist us. FYI, some Blackberry corporate guys were there to survey the Expert Center but failed to notice that the customers were having problems trying to get a queue numbers. The Expert Center Executives were busy directing them away from us at the counter.

When my ticket was called, I explained to the service desk personnel about my device problem and without even asking further questions to verify the root cause, the personnel just informed me to surrender my device for 2 weeks so their technical team can perform the troubleshooting. Surprised with the respond, I asked if the Expert Center will be issuing me a similar phone while their technical personnel do the necessary and I was told the Expert Center will only loan me lower end model. Personally, I don’t believe the sync problem will require such a long time to troubleshoot as it ever happened before in the past and I managed to get it resolved over the phone. Secondly, to loan a lower end device mean some of my applications will not be able use during that period. Based on these argument, I managed to get the technical manager to look into it and was able to collect it on the same day. On that note, I didn’t feel it was necessary to log a compliant on their services since they managed to resolve the problem.

Now, this is the incident that trigger my frustration to write this email. While at the Expert Center, the service desk personnel told me that my battery is also having problem. I asked if they sell any battery and was told they don’t carry any accessories. I was told the telco provider should have stock. Just few days ago, my battery started to show signs of faulty and I called the telco provider to check where to purchase the battery. I was informed none of their store have stock. Out of desperate, I even contacted other telco providers and found out that they too don’t have any stock. Hence, I went to the Blackberry website to check if there is any external suppliers that may have stock and found most of the listed suppliers in Blackberry website were no longer valid. Today, while in a midst of any emergency call to inform my friend’s parents about their daughter admission to hospital, my battery went flat. Fortunately, some friends were with me. Initially, I thought my battery were flat because it  was not charge or I had been making too many calls. Apparently, it wasn’t. I reached home 2 hours ago, plug my device to the charger and it still wouldn’t turn on. This incident has really push me to the limit. I had enough of Blackberry, the local telco provider and Expert Centre nonsense. I really need Blackberry management to seriously think about your business. If I don’t receive a satisfactory explanation of the pain I have to go through as Blackberry loyal consumer within the next 3 days, I will come personally to RIM office. If RIM Executive doesn’t want to help, I will forward this to RIM US team. (Note: RIM was one of my major account)

As for me, I will have to drive over to Mustafa now. I don’t have any spare phones and I have several overseas calls tomorrow morning. Whomever that is receiving this email, please note that your incompetency for customer care is unacceptable. While I may be just one customer that is not pleased; with such process, I am certain Blackberry market share will drop further. So please seriously thinking about it.

Your disappointed customer whom doesnt know where to seek help!!!

New Contributor
karimt973
My Device: blackberry bold 9900

ok thanks

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

koh-berry wrote:

To whom it may concern (Please kindly direct this email to the GM of RIM Singapore and APAC):

Dear Sir/Madam,

As a loyal consumer of Blackberry, I earnestly need to report several unpleasant incidents for your immediate attention.

Firstly, I want to inform you that I have been using Blackberry Smartphone devices for more than 8 years. I have strong sentiment for all my Smartphone devices and despite many newer options in the market, I have never consider changing. But my recent experiences has really make me wonder if my decision is justifiable!!

About 2 months ago, I had a problem trying to sync my Blackberry Bold 9900 and when it did, I realized my contacts were missing. I called the telco Blackberry technical support team for assistance but they couldn’t resolve the problem after many days of troubleshooting and investigation. I was then advice to go to the Expert Center at Picturehouse personally. I tried to explain to them that I am using my desktop to sync my Blackberry device and had requested for a phone support instead of traveling down to the center. But I was told Blackberry does not have such service in Singapore.

Reluctantly, I make my way to the Expert Center. My first unhappy encountered happened at the center.  While trying to get a queue from queuing system, the Blackberry device programmed to issue tickets was not working. Apparently, the queuing system was not properly program to issue tickets. We (another two customers ahead of me) stood there for more than 10 minutes trying to figure out how to get the queue number and nobody for the Expert Center was available to assist us. It was after 15mins that I managed to pull a technical guy out from the office to assist us. FYI, some Blackberry corporate guys were there to survey the Expert Center but failed to notice that the customers were having problems trying to get a queue numbers. The Expert Center Executives were busy directing them away from us at the counter.

When my ticket was called, I explained to the service desk personnel about my device problem and without even asking further questions to verify the root cause, the personnel just informed me to surrender my device for 2 weeks so their technical team can perform the troubleshooting. Surprised with the respond, I asked if the Expert Center will be issuing me a similar phone while their technical personnel do the necessary and I was told the Expert Center will only loan me lower end model. Personally, I don’t believe the sync problem will require such a long time to troubleshoot as it ever happened before in the past and I managed to get it resolved over the phone. Secondly, to loan a lower end device mean some of my applications will not be able use during that period. Based on these argument, I managed to get the technical manager to look into it and was able to collect it on the same day. On that note, I didn’t feel it was necessary to log a compliant on their services since they managed to resolve the problem.

Now, this is the incident that trigger my frustration to write this email. While at the Expert Center, the service desk personnel told me that my battery is also having problem. I asked if they sell any battery and was told they don’t carry any accessories. I was told the telco provider should have stock. Just few days ago, my battery started to show signs of faulty and I called the telco provider to check where to purchase the battery. I was informed none of their store have stock. Out of desperate, I even contacted other telco providers and found out that they too don’t have any stock. Hence, I went to the Blackberry website to check if there is any external suppliers that may have stock and found most of the listed suppliers in Blackberry website were no longer valid. Today, while in a midst of any emergency call to inform my friend’s parents about their daughter admission to hospital, my battery went flat. Fortunately, some friends were with me. Initially, I thought my battery were flat because it  was not charge or I had been making too many calls. Apparently, it wasn’t. I reached home 2 hours ago, plug my device to the charger and it still wouldn’t turn on. This incident has really push me to the limit. I had enough of Blackberry, the local telco provider and Expert Centre nonsense. I really need Blackberry management to seriously think about your business. If I don’t receive a satisfactory explanation of the pain I have to go through as Blackberry loyal consumer within the next 3 days, I will come personally to RIM office. If RIM Executive doesn’t want to help, I will forward this to RIM US team. (Note: RIM was one of my major account)

As for me, I will have to drive over to Mustafa now. I don’t have any spare phones and I have several overseas calls tomorrow morning. Whomever that is receiving this email, please note that your incompetency for customer care is unacceptable. While I may be just one customer that is not pleased; with such process, I am certain Blackberry market share will drop further. So please seriously thinking about it.

Your disappointed customer whom doesnt know where to seek help!!!

Hello,

Perhaps you misunderstood the materials you were presented with when you opened your account here? As well as discussions within this very thread?

Please understand that this forum is not part of any formal support from, escalation to, nor interactions with BlackBerry for any purposes whatsoever. Consequently, unless you are very very lucky, your post here will not result in any help to your specific situation.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
koh-berry
My Device: Bold 9900

To whoever you are, if you know of any email address that I can forward my experience, please kindly share. I am reaching my maximum tolerance limit with Blackberry.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I know of no methods to do what you desire...the contractual support channels all typically require that you follow the escalation procedures through each entity before escalating up to the next entity. Further, not knowing your contract, I cannot know who those entities are...for all I can know, the entity you are dealing with has a parent entity involved before even getting up to BlackBerry at a 3rd level up. But, again, there is no way for me to know your contractual situation.

If you wish to continue to try and pursue directly bypassing your contract and seeking direct assistance, then you might try this:

Or, there is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Younboy69
My Device: 9900

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure if this is true, but look at this :

LED blinking is just like morse : 1 = blink 0 = off
Below is list of meaning of red light pattern.

1 1 Not a bootrom error: the OS is resetting during init!
3 11 No OS Loaded (*Tip: reload M F I)
5 101 Bad OS CRC
7 111 Missing OS CRC
11 1011 Missing OS Trailer
13 1101 OS Not Signed
15 1111 OS Signature Invalid (*Tip: verify failure by loading software and let sit with no battery for approximately one hour, if it boots up it’s fine; if it comes back with another BootRom Error, try replacing the flash)
21 10101 Unknown Flash Manufacturer
23 10111 Flash Initialization Problem (*Tip: try replacing flash)
27 11011 Flash Erase Failure (*Tip: try replacing flash)
29 11101 Flash Operation Out Of Range
31 11111 Bad Bootrom CRC (*Tip: try replacing flash)
43 101011 USB Driver Error
45 101101 No Bootrom CRC
47 101111 Flash Write Failure (*Tip: try replacing flash)
53 110101 Invalid Memory Configuration Table
55 110111 Password Not Initiated
59 111011 RAM Initialization Problem (*Tip: try replacing flash)
61 111101 Cache No Pages Free
63 111111 Cache Invalid Page Type
85 1010101 Random Number Failure
87 1010111 OSStore Failure
91 1011011 Security Init Failure
93 1011101 NAND failure
95 1011111 General Assert Failure
107 1101011 GPIO failure
109 1101101 Runtime library failure
111 1101111 Exception: undefined isntruction
117 1110101 Exception: SWI
119 1110111 Exception: Prefetch Abor
123 1111011 Exception: Data Abort
125 1111101 Exception: Reserved
127 1111111 Exception: IRQ
171 10101011 Exception: FIQ.

Hope is more then just try with battery or whatever, usually are problems with EFS, Original RIM files are necessary, ths most tragical problem is in upload NVD file and accesing to Rtas server, cuz if you can acces to rtas everything is possible.

So, If any of you with enough knowlegde about what i'm talking about is here, i'll really appreciated it, or just suggest where is the correct forum to get a real solution about it.

Thanks in advance for your quick reply.