Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
HarleyDavies
My Device: Bold 9900

9900 Tethering Software 7.1

Help requested.

I have downloaded the software to enable tethering about 4 months ago and its worked just fine.

However it has now decided to stop working. I have tried everything I know, even un-installed and re-installed the software.

My phne works fine... My phone and Laptop connect fine also... Just when I try to start the internet connection it states 'Failed to start Mobile Internet' and reads ''The specified port is not open''

Amy help on this I would extremely appreciate. I have been on the phone for 3 hours today with my service provider blaming BB so I have even made an International call to BB and they literally told me ''You are not our customer'' therefore I simply have no where to go! :smileysad:

Super Contributor
kosten4
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Re: 9900 Tethering Software 7.1

Hello,

Have you recently installed a new app, theme or game?

Regards,
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Contributor
bigsee
My Device: BB Z10 STL100-1

Sorry for the noob Q but why do I need install extra SW for tethering? Does it depend on the SW or the carrier?

--------------------------------------------
BB Z10 (10.2.1.1925 - waiting for a patch to enable calling :smileysad: )
New Contributor
HarleyDavies

No, I do not bother with apps at all. It has simply stopped working. 

No body seems to know the issue...

New Contributor
HarleyDavies

Obviously I am dissapointed in the problem but even more so with the support what seems to be avaliable to BB customers. There does not seem to be anywhere to go other that an internet forum? :Eek:

I have had no internet at home for almost to weeks now and I have had in return is an expensive phone bill with BB stating ''We can only offer you technical support for $49.95'' and then adding to that by saying ''Let me enlighten you sir, you are not our customer, you are a customer of your service providers'' Customer Service eat your heart out hey!?

Really dissapointed with Black Berry. 

Contributor
bigsee
My Device: BB Z10 STL100-1

[ Edited ]

You wrote: "I have downloaded the software to enable tethering about 4 months ago and its worked just fine." Therefore asked I.

Restart, battery out, etc... have you tried yet?

Try enabling/disabling Mobile network, Tethering, Wifi from the drop down list without installing extra tethering software

--------------------------------------------
BB Z10 (10.2.1.1925 - waiting for a patch to enable calling :smileysad: )