Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: help again

ok, well that totally confuses me because you said:

hannabyb wrote:

but charging is not working, I have connected to 2 computers via USB, and on both computers did a back up (cable is obv working) I have tried 3 chargers, 3 various cables, and on all, it charges for a few seconds, then what appears to be the letters C B appear inside the battery icon, and the battery is obviosly not charging>???????

So, ???

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
JSanders

and:

hannabyb wrote:

.....the battery ran out before I could send myself an email....the battery is charging for abojut 15 seconds after connecting to my PC, now i have 3 batteries, all empty....no clue what to do now... Unable to charge from car charger, 3 other normal mains chargers or from a PC.  This baby is so new it still have the protectors on....less than 1 week old

So they're working, but they're not working?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
hannabyb
My Device: 9900

2 batteries were totally dead in the bbry, no sign of life, one had about 1/3rd charge and the bbry came back up.  I noticed that when I plugged in the charger or PC the lightning in the battery window showed, but stopped about 15 seconds after starting (which is when I said B C appeared in the battery icon top left).  I was trying to take the screen shot when the last battery died on me, and now all 3 are dead - I have had the brry on charge for  2-3 hours now but no sign of life...

Contributor
hannabyb

i'll try again:

New blackberry, brand new, just out of the box on Wednesday.  3 Batteries.  One which I had to buy in Jordan for 50$ as the original battery  (no more than 2 weeks old) died, and did not come back to life for some time.  The new battery lasted about 2 days and died.  No charge (PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS A PREVIOUS BBRY WHICH I HANDED BACK IN TO VODAFONE ON WEDNESDAY THIS WEEK). After about 2 days (of not having any comms at all 'cept my old Nokia) I decided to try the BBRY again, one battery showed signs of working, and kept me going for about 10 days.  Interesting, the other battery decided to work again.  NEW STORY - Swopped BBRY due to the battery issues experienced in Jordan, and got a new one this Wednesday.  Today is Friday, I have (now) 3 batteries, all dead (AS OF NOW, THIS EVENING), however one showed a sign of life today, and I posted the CB and no charge comments above.    I have 3 chargers, all working charging other phones.  I have 2 PCs, (one Mac, one Windows) both with Desktop manager.     While the BBRY was working this afternoon, I backed up the BBRY on both PCs.  I kinda guess this proves that both cables I am using are ok.  While trying to do the screen shot this evening, I noticed that the BBRY would charge for about 15 seconds, and the lightning strike would be replaced by what appeeard to be CB - the BBRY then informed me that the battery power was too low and was switching off the radio - I now have 3 drained batteries, 3 chargers, 1 Iphone (slightly better on battery) and no BBRY ((   PS, my comment in the post below "charging is not working' I guess could be confusing, as an engineer, my interpretation of a charger working, is one which charges the battery, charging not working means that the battery is not getting a charge, irrespective of what the lightning strike is telling me in the BBRY screen (top left)  as I have THREE batteries which are not charged, I still remain by my statement, charging is not working

JSanders

Re: 9900 constantly rebooting after landing in another country

So check out my link above for the standalone battery charger.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
hannabyb

Problem, solved!  New BBRY has a defective charger, I have just been to the Vodafone shop, checked out my chargers and batteries, all ok, but my BBRY looks like it charges the battery, but stops after 15 seconds, and then thats it.  I am looking forward to my 5th replacment Blackberry 9900 since the 21st of September 2012.  Hopefully this one will work, because after having bitten the bullet and ordering an Iphone, I quickly discovered just how good the Bold is - when it works ))).  Only thing to sort out now, is the 3G issue when outside my home network....but that is another story.

New Contributor
UM78
My Device: Bold 9900

[ Edited ]
Hello everybody 6 months passed after the opening of the thread. But the issue is still unsolved. I have to switch to 2G before going abroad ( for me means weekly ) or the phone will stuck in a continuously reboot loop. The phones are updated , wiped, substituted, I tried everything and the most accurate answer I got it from our network provider (that is scared to loose us with 500+ lines) and was to switch to IPhone or Samsung. Result. We postpone the purchasing of the Z10 and we will evaluate another device, as we want to see if we will ever have a final answer from RIM for this problem that, I consider a scandal.
Contributor
hannabyb

Hi UM78.  I have a 9900 with firmware 7.1.0 bundel 2061 - and this works, I travel also most weeks outside of my home network, and for the past 4-5 months 3G has worked fine.  try a firmware update, this may solve the2G/3G issue - and in all honesty, I am not joking that the bbry has behaved ever since i have an iphone - which I carry with me as a spare but generally do not use.....

New Contributor
quietlaugh
My Device: Torch 9810

Hello I've had the same experience as hannabyb I updated to the latest firware and the issue disapeared magically.

OS 7.1 offre 1997 v7.1.694 plateforme 5.1.0.507
New Contributor
UM78
My Device: Bold 9900

Dear friends. Really you save me and other colleagues. I have to tank you. I am guessing myself why I lost all this time talking with the network representative instead of posting here, Thank again a lot now all seems to work properly.