Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
hannabyb
My Device: 9900

9900 constantly rebooting after landing in another country

[ Edited ]

I live in Germany, I often roam especially into Austria - crossing the border no issue, phone switches to an Austrian network.  10 days ago I got a replacemnent phone, flew to the US, and the phone started on landing, and constantly reset - no comms possible, apart from a few minutes after 1 day - then that was it until I arrived back in Germany IT WORKED PERFECTLY WHEN I GOT BACK TO GERMANY- I swopped the phone at the weekend, for a brand new one, as I neede to fly to Jordan today, I arrived, same situation as when I arrived in the US - constantly rebooting - after it let me put in the pin and password on landing.  I read thru the forUms, and took out the sim and memory card - same reboot (battery was gone in about 1 hour, from full to nothing due to this reboot process I guess).

I have tried the safe mode trick, doesnt work, HELP, I am in Jordan for 3 weeks without my phone.....

Curios, SAME FAULT with 2 differnent 9900s........any ideas

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,953
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 9900 constantly rebooting after landing in another country

same fault with two different 9900 devices?

Both with the same Vodafone SIM cards?

Can you try removing the media card?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hannabyb

Yes, I have tried that, it is same as before, it has been now in the reboot phase on a charger for 30 mins, no change.....both SIM and media card have been removed for 30 mins

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hannabyb

a couple of other interesting points, I connect the bbry to BBRY manager and downloaded the latest firmware, I also got it to download all the setting from my previous BBRY, Also, it will not charge in this sequenc, I had it connected to my PC orginally (1 hour ago) and thought that my PC was perhaps not giving it enough juice, so I connected it to an original bbry charger, but it is not charging, just feeding from the charger

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,953
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Try starting it up in Safe Mode.

Article ID: KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17877

Then, go to your Manage Connections screen and turn off WiFi and any mobile network, and see if it will then reboot in normal mode.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hannabyb

impossible, it does not make it to the 'enter PIN' before it reboots....

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I've heard of this issue before and it's been due to the SIM card. The basic troubleshooting step would be to swap for a new SIM card, but given that you're not currently in Germany, that might not be doable. In this case, the best solution I can suggest at this point in time is to try to reload the software on your device as it may help to clear any error that is causing the issue. To do this, use the steps here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

If you have problems getting your phone to connect to your computer, post back as there is an extra step you can take to force your computer to see the device.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hannabyb

Connected to my computer, Blackberry desktop detected an issue and suggested software update, went thru the sw update, put in my pin and password, my phone indicated that the wireless should be activated, upon which the unit crashed again.......  I have two mobile phones with the same number (in Germany known as twin cards) so I have been able to use a new sim.  I am now going to see if I can work out how to reinstall the OS...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hannabyb

I have reloaded the OS via Blackberry desktop, i chose the latest firmware and loaded, crashed on activating mobile network, went back to desktop and loaded an older software, chrased on activating mobile network.  Breif summary of activities:

New Blackberry

Different SIM

Loaded both latest and older versions of firmware, same issue both time, crash on activaing mobile network

INTERESTING:  It lets me activate wifi without crashing.....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hannabyb

...wifi active for 30mins no issues, stwiched on mobile network - chrash!

Please use plain text.