Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
hannabyb
My Device: 9900

Re: 9900 constantly rebooting after landing in another country

WORKING - Well sort of!  I switched off 3G/2G and went for 2G only, the unit has now connected to the network.....must be a RIM bug!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hannabyb

....working until I restored my BBRY to load my mails/messages etc, crashed on reload.  Until I get home and get a new phone, I will have to stick to 2G and leave the phone virgin - until I get home!

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Wow, that is amazing. But at least you now have more testing results that you can pass along to your carrier when you get home! And at least you've figured out how to get it to work for now. :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hannabyb

yes, you are right, but I figure it will lead nowhere but an iPhone, I have really struggled the last 2 years with BBRy, I hated the Torch, loved the 9900 which I have had for 4 months, but am beginning to loose faith!  Many thanks for your support, Bob

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I hope you don't go that route, but... If there is anything else we can try to help with in the meantime, let us know.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hannabyb

I am pushing back from iPhone, even though many of my friends unfortunately feel the same about BBRY, I have become a laughing stock with my probs, but I am the only one who travels.  Several things irritate me like crazy, on the Torch it was too easy to switch off the mobile network, it is difficult to copy a telephone number from a mail (which may not have the +1 for example in front of the number) which means I have to copy it to my phone bok, and then dial, why cant I simpy take the number, put it in the 'to' be called, and then edit it before i call??  The switching off the mobile network is better with the 9900, but still, I am dogged with problems and have to look at my phone rebooting too often

we will see!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You need to get a NEW SIM card as suggested above.

It's not a hardware problem.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hannabyb

Simply I find it hard to agree, I have two sims with me, both the same number!  Two 9900s, two SIMS, 3 different countires and identical problems, no matter which sim I use.  It worked fine in Germany/Austria, but not in the US or Jordan - exactly the same symptoms, and switching off 3G now works fine.  I will however get new sims when I get back to Germany, and let you know the outcome

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hannabyb

....back for a few days in Germany, I landed at Frankfurt and gingerly switched on my BBRY, worked, gingerly switched on 3G as I neared home (just in case it chrashed and I could not call my wife) and it worked - in Jordan no chance with 3G, in the USA, no chance with 3G, tried two SIMS, two BBRYs, same affect.  THEN......

My BBRY LET started flashing red quickly, I pulled the battery, it went walkies for about I guess 45 mins and whey it came back up, I had a virgin BBRY - all settings, Enterprise settings, my email accounds, my logs - down the tube

Now, If that is caused by a rougue SIM, after trying two SIMS and TWO BBRYS and 3 COUNTRIES you can call be Gustav!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hannabyb

Yet another summary, with no solution acheived:

2 x BBRys same fault

4 x countries - 3 same fault

NEW SIMs - SAME FAULT

I drove last night from Germany to Austria, on the border I have to drive thru a 5 mile long tunnel. My mobile was set to 3G/2G full roaming.  On arrival at the other end, I notice my mobile in the reset routine. NEW SIM was put in three days ago, so, new blackberry, new SIM, same fault.  I drove back thru the tunnel (in Austria the phone was gone, reset mode for 4 hours) as soon as I got back thru the tunnel onto German territory, the phone restarted and asked for the PIN - PIN inserted all is fine......so, I am not to be called Gustav!  Any clues, this is not a hardware fault, but a firmware issue! NOONE seems to have a clue as to how to fix this, I have tried with Vodafone and they are clueless!

Please use plain text.