Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
kruze
My Device: 9900
Accepted Solution

9900 just died,

hi, every one 

just returned from college today, my 9900 bold bb, (one and half years old),

it was dead, no sign of live, no screen . no charge light, and will not respond to any thing.

No water contamination, no accident, no nothing , battery swapping, charging 

any ideas plz, b4 I through it in the garbage .

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: 9900 just died,

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain an known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
kruze

thanx alot, 

i will try that, althou i have tried a known good bat on my bb with no help.

thanx again .

New Contributor
kruze

sdgardne, my friend ; thanx 4 yr help any way.

sorry to say i tried the charging sequence but it didnot help , 

the phone is not responding at all, i guess there must be 

some thing seriously wrong with the m/brd processor.

if so is it worthy to try & fix it and how much does it cost ?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hello!

Sorry for the delay -- I was attending BBLive this week and just had no time for posting. Now, of course, it'll likely take me many days just to catch up!!

It's really impossible to diagnose hardware issues at an internet-distance. Given what you report, we can deduce that it's likely a hardware issue, but what the specific issue is and what it will take to repair is just impossible to provide at an internet distance. Only a a qualified technician, with the device in their hands, can give a proper evaluation and estimate. So, I recommend you find a local (to you) shop with a qualified BB hardware technician to take a look.

If you remain in your warranty period, you of course would first exercise that channel.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
gm2191
My Device: Bold 9900

Hi everyone!

I have a similar problem like Kruze...

My BB 9900 has been dead since 26th Jan 2014. It was working perfectly fine and then suddenly its dead!! I have tried taking out the battery, connecting to the laptop, checking with another battery..Every possible thing but the phone refuses to come back on...

I even took it to my local blackberry dealer, they changed the IC part (something to do with the power socket)...yet no solution...Please help me!! All my data is on that device and unfortunately the backup is really old... :smileysad:

Can this be a motherboard issue? Coz that's what I was also told by the technician.

Looking forward to your advice....

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hello,

Anything is possible, except for substituting internet-distance hardware diagnosis for in-hand evaluation by a qualified technician. What the technician has told you is possible...but impossible to say for sure at our internet-distance. If you don't trust the technician, then I suggest you find another.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates