Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
gdhoog
My Device: Not Specified

9900 - os 7.0.0.585 - small icons and white screen

Hello,

One of my BB users reports the "small icons and white screen" issue. The theme seems gone, and all icons are so small that they are barely selectable by touch. Some icons do not appear at all - pressing the black space sometimes opens the application that is behind it.

She reports to have received "a screen with an update", possibly the update to os 7.0.0.585. Strange, as we haven't enabled OTA updates over BES. Perhaps this is unrelated.

I have tried:

- Backup device, reinstall OS, recover everything

- Backup device, reinstall OS, recover only contacts/mail/SMS (deleting all apps)

In both cases, the first boot works, the first reset works - but after some hours, the BB resets itself and it's back to the small icons. Although I told the user to install one app at the time to pinpoint which causes the problem, she at least installed a BBM update & facebook.

See a detailed description here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f95/leaked-9700-os-6-0-0-344-upgrade-tips-t-mobile-users-read-545... 

(hope I'm allowed to post this).

I can find multiple pages referring to this issue, but not one clear answer.

Some claim a malfunctioning theme is the culprit - but reinstalling the OS without old custom themes should have ruled that out.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gdhoog
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 9900 - os 7.0.0.585 - small icons and white screen

bump

Please use plain text.