Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
xx1bev
My Device: blackberry bold 9900

9900 picture/media memory problem

My bold 9900 won't allow me 2 take pictures/vidoes/voice notes as it says memory is full however I can delete items and it will tell me I have for example 20 pictures 2 take but will only let me take 2 then tells me picture memory is full on device and memory card. Iv taken battery out and makes no differnce. I have checked media memory and it says 99% memory is in other? Please help
Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: 9900 picture/media memory problem

Hey xx1bev,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

First I would suggest setting the Camera to save picture to the Media card, this can be done under the Camera Options.
Then connect to a PC using Mass Storage Mode and back up your Media files on the Internal Device Memory and the Media card.

How to enable or disable mass storage mode on the BlackBerry® smartphone. 

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB13564

Once the files have been saved to the PC reformat your Media card and delete all media files on the Internal device memory and test.

The following article provides information on how to format the Media card:
Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10527

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
owensmomma08
My Device: Bold 9930

HB-

I have the same question and your answer is targeted to device memory, not MEDIA CARD memory.

Normally I have been able to  hold 200-400+ pictures on my media card.  I now have 15 on there and when I attempt to make a picture, I get a message my media card is full.  I checked what's on it and 99% of is "other."  What is this "other" and how can it be cleared.  Again, this is for media card, not internal memory.

New Contributor
xx1bev

I managed 2 solve this problem very easily in the end, I simply just used my usb 2 connect 2 the ccomputer using the blackberry software I updated to the new os and from then on my phone worked fine, however a fewmonths after this I conquered some more problems which I was not able 2 solve, whether this was due 2 the update or just to the phone I do not no but all blackberrys carry 2 years free warrenty.
New Contributor
owensmomma08
My Device: Bold 9930

I have the lastest version. I'm just not sure why it keeps doing this.

New Contributor
xx1bev

I had no idea either nor do anystores or any research I did came back with nothin, save all your stuff onto blackberry protect put your pics ect onto your computer reset the phone completly. Update and then try it, updating mine fixed mine. However I have no idea y it did this in the first place