Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
james-carman
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

9900 will not power up - flashing red light

I have had my 9900 for just over a year after upgrade from a 9000.  I loved the phone until two weeks ago I did a upgrade to Blackberry Appworld.  Once the upgrade completed it asked for a restart and then the phone became a brick.  It would not restart and the red light just flashes.  After contacting support and following suggestions to try and make the phone connect to the desktop software without success I took the phone back to Rogers who sent it away to the repair shop.  The result... not able to be repaired.  Somehow this is now the customers problem because something that no one can identify went wrong with the software upgrade process.  No support from Blackberry just what Rogers has to offer which is that I can do an early upgrade to another phone for more money.  Very sad really.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: 9900 will not power up - flashing red light

When you say "just over a year"...how much over a year are we talking? The standard warranty with most carriers is one year so it doesn't really matter how it breaks after that...It is up to Rogers if they want to warranty it but if it's over a year they're likely not going to give warranty service. Sorry...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
519golfer
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: bell

Re: 9900 will not power up - flashing red light

Same problem with my 9900, just 13 months. Mine worked flawlessly and suddenly I get the led blinking, one blink (pause) three quick blinks. It looks like it's some kind trouble code. It was sent in to the recommended repair shop and came back unrepairable. How can a phone that has not been messed with, dropped or abused in any way suddenly become "unrepairable" I have tried every suggestion several times to get it working but have had zero luck. I think Rim should be addressing this issue.

Please use plain text.