Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
legacymusic
My Device: Z10

9930 Backlight Dims

The backlight on my 9930, 14 months old, has recently begun to dim even when the device is fully charged. I've checked the options setting; it remains at 'brightness100 for 2 minutes.' I've rebooted software, I've pulled the battery. Still it goes dim, then suddenly brightens, then dims again. Two weeks ago I downloaded a theme from BB World. Could this be causing the problem? If not, what can I try? It's often hard to read my screen with the light so low. 

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: 9930 Backlight Dims

Themes do have a habit of sometimes taking over a phone in ways your wouldn't suspect.  Deleting a theme is always a good idea when nothing else seems to be helping.  If it turns out that it isn't the theme, you can always reinstall it easily.

Give that a shot and post back with your results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
legacymusic

No, it didn't help. I deleted the theme and rebooted; same dim backlight. I've never had this problem before. I'm searching the BB's programs and contents to see what might be causing it. Any ideas? Thanks.

Contributor
legacymusic

Deleted again, then pulled battery. I think this took care of it.