Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Developer
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

9930 Bedside mode backlight blacks out completely

I have noticed that bedside mode on the 9930 turns the backlight off completely but not to the preset dimmed setting after the time-out period in OS7. In OS6 on my 9650, the backlight would dim down but not turn off completely to allow the clock to still be visible but dimmed in bedside mode. I can't see a way to configure this in OS7. I would like the option of the clock to still be visible in bedside mode but dimmed. Anybody have the same problem or know a fix for this? 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 9930 Bedside mode backlight blacks out completely

You may already know this, but, if you enter the Clock application and press the Blackberry Menu button a list of choices comes up. If you scroll down to "Options" and click, an advanced options menu comes up. Scroll down and there is a "Bedside Mode" sub-menu. You can change any settings you want there.

New Developer
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: 9930 Bedside mode backlight blacks out completely

Yes, I did know that. However, the settings are the same options as in 0S6.  On my 9670, the backlight dims to 10% and keeps the clock dimly illuminated in bedside mode while plugged into the charger.  However, on the 9930, in bedside mode the backlight goes completely off when plugged into the charger with dim screen checked. So it appears that dim screen actually means shut off screen instead in OS7.  I hope there is a fix for this.