Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: 9930 Bold

9930 Bold Phone icons missing, phone doesn't make or receive calls, third instance

Hello all, one of our users has a 9930 that seems to be corrupting the phone app on what I fear is a regular basis. This is the third instance of it happening and the device otherwise works fine. I've been able to reload the OS and get it working, but this is going to get old...

The whole thing is complicated with BES on GroupWise, sometimes the contacts aren't 100% in sync with the mailbox so its not just a matter of restore, reactivate and go. 

We're on Verizon, running the latest released OS. 

Has anyone else worked through something like this?

My Device: Bold 9930

Re: 9930 Bold Phone icons missing, phone doesn't make or receive calls, third instance

I have the same problem.  It's a Verizon Blackberry Bold 9930.  It's been wiped and reactivated, and he's had at least one replacement Blackberry.  Did you ever find a solution?

New Contributor

Re: 9930 Bold Phone icons missing, phone doesn't make or receive calls, third instance

After replacing the phone and having it happen again, I deleted his BES user object, wiped the phone and treated it like a new user from a BB prospective, and didn't import a thing. Hasn't been a problem since. HE had to reset all of his settings, but thats a small price to pay. 

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9930

This has happened to my boss 5 times on two different phones. We keep wiping and reinstalling. There must be a reason why is keeps happening. Is there a magic set of keys that he is pressing to cause this?

New Contributor

Same with us, one particular user, several different 9930's and at least 5 instances. We never figured it out. 

User has been migrated to a Z10 and is very happy. The Blackberry 10 platform is good, I would make the move.