Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: 9930

Re: 9930 did not activate after update

Okay, but then how can I connect to the internet and email if my carrier says everything on their side is okay?! I'm i missing something else?
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Your carrier is incorrect. If you do not get a registration message that means your device is NOT connected and it is an issue with your data plan.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

[ Edited ]
Okay, thanks for all the fast reply's!
Contributor

Hello all, After a couple weeks my cell phone provider says that all their settings are okay, and after they send me an new SIM card I hoped that that would fix my problem that I have for weeks now (still no BIS). Today they told me to change the APN to blackberry.net but even that will not do anything in the HRT editor after I registered I get the same message "registration message send" but nothing els happens! My normal mobile internet does work fine what'sapp and some other apps cause they don't use the BIS I guess? But after I tried a couple of APN names and wiped the BB twice and installed new OS still I can't get it to work. Can someone check if my settings are okay at BIS ? Thanks, Marc
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It may be because you're using a 9930 (CDMA device) on a GSM network. Many wireless service providers do not allow the CDMA devices on their networks anymore. That said, the only ones who can help you get your data plan working would be your service provider. There is nothing we can do here. Besides, we are not BlackBerry employees even if it was something on BB's end.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Hi, see the thing is that it all worked fine until Blackberry's last OS update! after that for some reason I couldn't get email or mobile internet. The blackberry logo is gone on the top right corner to! And like I said: my cell phone provider send me a new sim card but that didn't do anything... Guess it's the APN but I tried all that my phone provider told me (but I notice after a hard reset it changed to emgsm.vzw3g.com) is that Verizon? Cause it's a Verizon phone. But that can't keep me from using it on a Dutch provider right? Installing a new OS again and hoping that will fix it... Thanks anyway for responding!
Guru I

Most likely your cellular provider does not send Host Routing Table Data and/or service books to the 9930. When you updated it made a backup and restored data, however, service books and HRT data aren't restored. They are resent from your provider if they are missing. If the device is not on their list of approved devices then the service booksand HRT data will not send. If those items do not send you will not get BB services.

This thread may shed some light:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Host-Routing-Table-is-Empty-Can-t-register-be...

What country do you live in?
Contributor

Right, I understand. I live in The Netherlands and use Simyo as my cell phone carrier and they are using Hollands biggest Blackberry network from KPN. The thing I don't understand is that they never ever told me that my phone is not approved and because it all worked fine it's hard to understand why I can't get it to work now..
Guru I

Regardless of what the actual issue is the only ones who can resolve it are your carrier and/or BlackBerry. Call your carrier back and have them escalate your case to BlackBerry. BlackBerry can look at your pin/imei and tell what services are provisioned. They can't actually do the provisioning, only your carrier can, but they can tell you and your carrier what is wrong and what needs to be done.
Guru I

They don't sell, nor have they ever sold the 9930. It's a Verizon branded device and they don't technically support it. They may still escalate your case if you press them hard enough.

The apn will need to be changed so get that data from your carrier and change it.