Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

9930 will not turn on

About a week ago my Bold battery indicator went red and now I cannot get it to turn on.  The phone is about 19 months old.  I have two known good batteries that I have fully charged on an external charger and have been swapping the battery in and out to try and get it to come on.  I don't know which OS is on the phone.  I cannot get it to communicate with my desktop software either.  Any suggestions on how to bring my phone back to life would be greatly appreciated.

Solutions: 6,122
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: 9930 will not turn on

The internal battery is likely drained deeply.

Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the charging cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage). If it doesn't reboot on the first attempt, leave it several more hours. I've had one charge for two days before it came back to life after an extreme battery depletion. Every 3-4 hours, with the device still connected to the charger, you can remove and replace the battery to see if it reboots.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks.  I'll give it a try.

New Contributor

The phone is not responding.  I have two good batteries and I have been charging them with an external charger.  I notice that each time I swap out a battery the one that was in the phone has been depleted 50-75% when I put it on the external charger, even though the phone was plugged in to the ac adapter.  The battery should not be draining when the phone is plugged into the wall, should it?

I'd give it some more time. Keep charging with one battery.

If you connect to the PC, you don't get any ding or sound that the device has connected?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I'll keep trying through the weekend but I've got to make a decision early next week about my cell phone situation. I've been without it since 19 Feb. The only reason I have stuck with it this long is to retrieve my contact list. I don't have a backup. The cell will not communicate with my desktop software although there is a tone each time the phone's slowly blinking red light blinks on and off.

Ok if you're getting the red LED on the device and the tone on the PC, that's a good sign.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I have had my phone connected to a charger continuously since 19 February but the phone is draining the battery.  I have been using an external charger to keep  one of two batteries fully charged and swapping them in and out of the phone.  In more than two weeks I have had only the slowly blinking red light, and when the battery is completely drained, the lightning bolt through the battery.  I've had the phone on two different AC chargers and yesterday I had it connected to the charger in my car for 6 hours because I was on the road.  It's decision time for this phone.  Unless you have a silver bullet of knowledge that can revive this phone I believe it is destined for the back of my junk drawer.  The Bold was my first foray into the BB world.  While I won't say this is my last BB phone I have had the most luck with a competing brand.  However, the features of the Bold that brought me to the phone still apply.  I do not need a 4G phone.  I like a QWERTY keyboard instead of the touch screen.  I use my phone to call, txt and email only.  So that's why the Bold is in my holster.  Can we get it to work?  How do I get to the internal battery?  Can I R & R the battery?  Or do I buy a new Bold from Verizon for $100 and cut my losses on this phone?  Your thoughts plz.

What state are you located in?

front9 wrote:

Can we get it to work?  How do I get to the internal battery?  I believe I could.

Can I R & R the battery? eh? return it? Where did you buy it?

Or do I buy a new Bold from Verizon for $100 and cut my losses on this phone?  I would.

Knowledge Base Updates