12-08-2011 09:07 AM
Plugged my phone into the charger last night with everything working fine. This morning, the phone is dead. The red light blinks on and off every 10 seconds or so but, nothing else. Tried everything but, no life. I understand that RIM is aware of the problem but, that doesn't help my situation. Anyone have any ideas other than going back to Verizon for an exchange?
12-08-2011 09:29 AM
Anyone have any ideas other than going back to Verizon for an exchange?
RIM has recommended just that. Get an exchange device.
You can try a pile of other things... reloading the OS, using the /nojvm tool to connect & load...
1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):
"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm
3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.
NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code