Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Trusted Contributor
DaedalusWren
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900

Re: 9930 won't turn on

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, I have reinstalled from apploader and the forced loader.exe more times then I can count. Which leads me to believe that the problem lies within the CMOS or flash rom. Seems to me that perhaps the onboard battery may not be powerful enough to keep the settings in the CMOS by itself for long periods of time. Hence the huge problem of these phones not booting after the battery goes dead, (main battery goes dead, the onboard button cell struggles to keep power to the non-volatile memory, which holds the mainboard boot settings, settings are lost or errored due to insufficient power and the phone then becomes useless.) I believe that this problem is a combination Hardware/software issue. I also believe that in order to revive these phones, a fully charged battery that is not allowed to die and a firmware update from RIM to restore the lost memory settings is needed. Now, the question is, will RIM provide this to the public so we can fix our own phones, or will it stay in it's current standing of alienating their customer base to the point of bankruptcy. If somebody from RIM happens to randomly read this. Most of us still have faith RIM. Please don't let us down.

Remember, There is never a stupid question, just stupid answers.

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")

New Contributor
jdnaples
My Device: 9930

This is an incredible company that completely ignors it's customers.  I bought a new 9930 to take on a cruise.

Cool huh?  It works everywhere!   But on the first day the battery ran down and I was without a phone for 8 days.

Verizon would not swap it at the store and sent me refurbished one.   Guess what?  Same thing today.  I purchased\

the new iphone at ebay and love it........ but the push mail sucks.  Well, I need push mail.  So I will just have to live the my eyephone and all the fun it is and be carefull about the mail until apple fixes it.  They are coming out with a new system that is supposed to be better.  It's been announced.  If that doesn't work I'll go android.  

But unless someone from blackberry emails me at jdnaples@yahoo.com, and tells me to pick up my new or fixed phone at verizon, then blackberry is history for me.   Any company that continues these policies must have a retarded CEO.

James Daniels

New Contributor
cbanks_80
My Device: Bold 9930

Hello jdnaples,

Unfortunately, that is Verizon's policy rather than RIM's. If you're upset that you couldn't have the device replaced at the store, remember it was a Verizon store. Also, the refurbished device, is again...Verizon. I deal with all carriers and RIM every single day and this same policy by Verizon upsets me as well but do not confuse Verizon's policies with RIM's hardware.

Contributor
bellokeshi

My PC is not detecting my own device, i have used another battery, yet no, booting sign and no charging sign either

bellokeshi
New Contributor
djbushy
My Device: bold 9930

have the same problem was yours ever fixed???

Stephbisse

I have the same problem. So I used BBM music before to go to bed, but I've closed the app before to go to bed, and it was fully charged. So, I woke woke up this morning, it wasn't on. I put it on charge and went to class. I go to a private bording school, so for lunch, I went back to my room, checked my phone, and it was the same red light, which kept goin off and on. So I called the my sevrice , and they had no idea about what was going on... So please , I honestly need help!