Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: A couple of Bold Problems

I live about 10min from RIM's many offices in Waterloo, ON.  I don't know if they run their tech support out of there but if they do it would be 10am EST.
New Contributor

I'm guessing that Jeff didn't get back to you...

Contributor

ryled_up wrote:

I'm guessing that Jeff didn't get back to you...

Nope. I would call them, but being on hold for thirty minutes..."sigh"
New Contributor

I don't know if it would be this simple, but - when you purchased your plan, did you get enterprise on your plan?

If you've gotten a bill, you should be able to check that.  If you only wanted to synch with personal mail, you don't need the enterprise setup and maybe the confusion with everyone is that they think you need to synch with a work email, which automatically, they'd steer you to BES.

When I picked up mine, I was actually switching from a work acocunt to a personal account and I had to convince the guy behind the counter that I didn't need the enterprise service.

Also, in the setup folder, you should have Wizard, PErsonal Mail setup, set up WiFi and Setup Bluetooth.  If you don't have them, then dunno.

You shouldn't be using anything in the Settings folder or 'Manage Connections'.

Contributor

rcr203 wrote:

I don't know if it would be this simple, but - when you purchased your plan, did you get enterprise on your plan?

If you've gotten a bill, you should be able to check that.  If you only wanted to synch with personal mail, you don't need the enterprise setup and maybe the confusion with everyone is that they think you need to synch with a work email, which automatically, they'd steer you to BES.

When I picked up mine, I was actually switching from a work acocunt to a personal account and I had to convince the guy behind the counter that I didn't need the enterprise service.

Also, in the setup folder, you should have Wizard, PErsonal Mail setup, set up WiFi and Setup Bluetooth.  If you don't have them, then dunno.

You shouldn't be using anything in the Settings folder or 'Manage Connections'.

I am on the BIS. Anything Blackberry, will not operate on the phone. BB Maps wont DL to the phone, BB Browser is not functional. Basically its a phone with media net only.
And for today's update:
Hello David,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

I apologize for the delay in responding as I was out of the office for a few days. The case has not been resolved as we are still investigating the device status. As soon as I hear anything regarding the issue I will touch base with you immediately.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Have a great holiday.

Sincerely,

Jeff
BlackBerry Customer Support
Research In Motion Limited
Tel:
 NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
 UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
 Europe: +44 1753 558400
 Worldwide: +1-519-888-6181
Email: help@blackberry.net
Web: www.blackberry.com 

Same stuff, different day. 

New Contributor

I read a thread about our problem that talks about BES locked units. http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/144263-bold-pin-deactivated-help... - Post by Mark Rejhon.

It's sounds like there some pre-released phones out there that are BES only with no BIS at all.  This could be our situation and we got ripped off!  Next time you talk to Jeff bring that up.  Although you'd think if that were the case he'd know right away!

Contributor

Well ryled, here's their (RIM) final answer.

Hello David,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

We have investigated this PIN and found that the BlackBerry smartphone associated with the PIN you have supplied has been reported as stolen. Research In Motion has permanently disabled all data service to this BlackBerry smartphone. I would strongly suggest that you contact the person or company you purchased this BlackBerry smartphone from for any recourse.

Thank you again for contacting us, David.

As I said in an earlier post, buyer beware. Good luck with yours, I hope you don't have the same outcome. And that's the last time I buy, or trade for a USED Blackberry! 

New Contributor

**bleep**.  I thought that might be the case!  And why did it take 4 weeks to figure it out?  Oh well.  You win some and lose some.  I at least have the guys number who I traded with.  Doubt that will do much good though.
New Contributor

I can't believe they bleeped the word that is the same as a beavers house and starts with a "D".
Contributor

I have the guys number and email address. He also thinks I have his license plate number, probably because I told him I did. He's going to exchange it at AT&T for me, so he says. I think he works for AT&T. When he contacted me about the trade, he had a Bold, and A Samsung Epix, both came out that same day, I think. Or he's a pro thief...

Although, not so sure I want it to go back to AT&T after being registered on my account.