Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

A couple of Questions

The Blackberry was installed and configured to sync with exchange/BES server we have exchange 2007 but don't have a BES server, I have reconfigured it for the BIS service which is working OK (forwarding from exchange) but I am still getting system emails from blackberry  every few minutes ( I believe from the old configuration).

Any Ideas how I stop this happening?

2nd question If I want to still synch the contacts and calendar from outlook when the software is configured for BIS and I tick the organizer option I get a message saying no applications configured.

Is is possible to have BIS service but also synch the contacts and calendar from Outlook/Exchange do you have to reconfigure the Desktop software for Exchange, if so will that screw up the BIS email settings?

Thanks Mike

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: A couple of Questions

Hi Mike and welcome to the Blackberry Forums

Read this link please

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04254&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi urumilton,

Thanks for responding, the link you sent describes the symptoms I am receiving the emails only within outlook not on the blackberry. I have reinstalled the software (Ver 4.6) in BIS mode do I need to remove the service book entries before the emails stop or will they stop after 24 hrs anyway?

The screen shot says if I want to synch work and Bis I need to install in BES mode which seems to have caused the problem in the first place as we dont have a BES server am I understanding that correctly? Does the Handheld recognise that the BIS account exists now and not try to synch email but allow contacts and calendar items to be synched from outlook?

Thanks Mike

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Ok, here is the explanation

Under BIS you can sync: calendar, memos, contacts and tasks.

Under BES you can sync: calendar, memos, contacts, tasks, and MAILS

BIS - BlackBerry Internet Service = email service provided by the respective carrier; T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, Rogers, etc, etc...

BES - BlackBerry Enterprise Server = email service provided by a server ran by a company. For example by your employer...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

After you've reinstalled the Blackberry software on your PC, you need to  resync the BB with the PC to stop the handset from generating the ETP emails.

On the handset, check:

options - advanced - service books.

Do you have desktop (cmime) and other desktop ones (in additon to ones for your email accounts)?

If so then you may need to delete those and then resync - the BB is still set up for that BES and is trying to reconnect to it (it would then be assumd that you didnt wipe the handset before trying to connect it to the BIS accounts).

Hope that helps.

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq