Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
maximilian92
My Device: Bold 9780
Accepted Solution

A media card is presently not inserted

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. My bold 9780 sporadically doesn't recognize my media card. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't! I've tried almost everything. Battery pull, newest update, even changed the card reader. I'm out of ideas. Does anyone have the same problem but could solve it? Hope so!
And sorry for my bad english (no native speaker).
Thanks a lot
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: A media card is presently not inserted

How did you "change the card reader?"

I would try another media card in the slot.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
maximilian92

I let this do by a mobile phone repair store. Also tried other media cards without any success.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Well, my next suggestion was to contact your carrier for a warranty replacement if its less than a year old. However, having a phone repair shop disassemble the device voids the warranty.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
maximilian92

It' already out of the warranty.
Guru I
John_Clark

With what you said you've done it sounds like something is damaged inside. You can try the repair shop again or replace the device. Wish I had better news.
New Contributor
maximilian92

Thanks
New Contributor
maximilian92

After the media card worked once again I connected the BB to the computer and made a backup.
Since that it works!! Don't know why but lucky about it :smileyhappy:
NuNumC
My Device: 8520 Curve

I have tried all the solutions that have been posted and my BB Curve 8520 won't read my media card. My media card is a 2GB that has 530 songs, 12 videos & close 350 images. I even went to the extent to doing a security wipe. Hoping that would restore my media card but still nothing.

Please help