Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
AkNoah
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: verizon

APP WORLD

Hello,

I have a Blackberry 9930, When I open Blackberry App World and either try to download any app or open "My World' a blackberry ID agreement opens up when I hit "I Accept" it loads for a few second then disappears, when I click it again it opens up the ID agreement again and so on and so on.

Can someone please help me.

Thank you very much

Noah

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: APP WORLD

AkNoah wrote:

Hello,

I have a Blackberry 9930, When I open Blackberry App World and either try to download any app or open "My World' a blackberry ID agreement opens up when I hit "I Accept" it loads for a few second then disappears, when I click it again it opens up the ID agreement again and so on and so on.

Hi AkNoah

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Please perform a Battery pull restart like this Device Powered On remove the battery wait a min. then re-insert it back  it. After reboot see if you are able to accept that BlackBerry ID aggrement page. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AkNoah

yea i did that about 20 times already and still nothing. i even took the phone to Verizon to get it checked out, and they did the same and then told me to contact someone from blackberry.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

AkNoah wrote:
yea i did that about 20 times already and still nothing. i even took the phone to Verizon to get it checked out, and they did the same and then told me to contact someone from blackberry.

Hi AkNoah

What verizon said is not correct , Verizon is your Carrier and they have to give you all kinds of support , and they are actually able to forward your case to BlackBerry or RIM , if you  bypass your Carrier it will be not free, So if they are suggesting you to Contact RIM then let them do it for you, They can Escalate the case for you.

And regarding your issue is your device a new one ?And On your device when you go to Options > Device > BlackBerry ID > are you able to login and press the menu key and Check for Updates.  Also are you able to Login to App World from a  PC ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AkNoah

BlackBerry ID gives me the same problem. it's just sending me for a loop.

I don't know what to do about Verizon, it was the manager that told me that...so i guess I'm going to have to contact customer service.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

[ Edited ]

AkNoah wrote:
BlackBerry ID gives me the same problem. it's just sending me for a loop.

I don't know what to do about Verizon, it was the manager that told me that...so i guess I'm going to have to contact customer service.

Hi AkNoah

Are you having  BlackBerry Data Plan on your account ? Or can you try the same over a wi- fi ? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AkNoah

i didn't try it with wifi but i do have the data plan too. but you don't understand, it just keeps asking me to do the agreement but it's not going through. just keeps looping.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

AkNoah wrote:
i didn't try it with wifi but i do have the data plan too. but you don't understand, it just keeps asking me to do the agreement but it's not going through. just keeps looping.

Hi AkNoah

I understand your condition so  I am just trying to help you ! I prefer you should try it over wi-fi , And please check this Knowledge Base regarding minimum requirement for app world , it might help you if you are missing something :

KB17659 : Minimum requirement for BlackBerry App World.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AkNoah

Oh okay, I just thought I wasn't clear earlier on the error, but yea i tried it with the WiFi, nothing changed, i even tried to uninstall it and reinstall it.... nothing. but thank you for your help either way.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi AkNoah

If even unable to access to get pass that Aggrement page then first do a backup of your device using BlackBerry Desktop Software then reset your device to factory setting ,Because you are unable to get pass BlackBerry ID login on your device.  For further help refer to this Knowledge base : 

KB31291 :  How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software.

After reset first login to your device using your BlackBerry ID then you can download all application from app world , I hope it will resolve your issue.

Please use plain text.