Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
RonAnnArbor
My Device: Not Specified

ATT Bold Mac - markspace acknowledges Contacts do not sync with Missing Sync

From MarkSpace -- a rather inelegant workaround for contacts: In short - archive your contacts first -- then sync once -- then replace the messed up desktop address book data with your archive, then never change your contacts on your Bold again, just on your desktop. 

Users will note that the sync log will generally not contain errors that reflect a sync failure, or problem. Other symptoms may include the failure of some contacts to sync from the BlackBerry device to the Macintosh, or for duplicate contact data to appear on the BlackBerry device.

Mark/Space is investigating this matter at this time. Pending resolution, we recommend the following workaround:

1. In the ADDRESS BOOK application (on the Mac), choose FILE>EXPORT>ADDRESS BOOK ARCHIVE. Quit Address Book.

2. In The Missing Sync, set the contact plugin setting to overwrite on the next sync only.

3. Perform a sync; the Macintosh will overwrite the data on the device.

4. Perform another sync. This time the data will not be overwritten. NOTE: you should accept any/all sync changes on the Mac (should any be required), even if the sync will delete most of the contact data on the Macintosh.

5. In the ADDRESS BOOK application (on the Mac), you should choose FILE>IMPORT>ADDRESS BOOK ARCHIVE. Select the backup file that you created in step 1. Quit the Address Book application.

6. Open The Missing Sync, and set the CONTACT plugin to OVERWRITE on the next sync only; perform the overwrite sync.

Normal, reliable syncing performance should be restored, following the procedure described above.

IMPORTANT: This performance issue may resurface following any contact data being edited or added directly on the BlackBerry device. Mark/Space recommends that users add or edit contact information only on the Macintosh, pending a permanent, comprehensive solution to this issue.

Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: ATT Bold Mac - markspace acknowledges Contacts do not sync with Missing Sync

Post this in Blackberry for Mac zone please.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
tylerstringer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: ATT Bold Mac - markspace acknowledges Contacts do not sync with Missing Sync

This workaround did nothing for my issue.  Mark Space should still work on it....