Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
daxs
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

About frequency's for BOLD 9650

[ Edited ]

:Helpsmilie: allright, I found out why I cant use the web from my telecom co. Its because My phone doesnt use the certain frequency that TELSTRA uses for thier 3G network... I wish I knew that before I enetered a 2 yr contract. I wouldliek to know is it possible to have a techncian make it possible so that my BB can pick up that certain frequency?  yes I bought my phone is the States but I now live in Australia.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,988
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: About frequency's for BOLD 9650

[ Edited ]

You posted an earlier thread with much more information, I'll repost it here:

9650 in Australia cant connect to WEB

Ok, I bought this wonder in Florida; moved to Australia. My Carrier is TELSTRA 3G I can connect to the web through my WI Fi at home but I can't  connect using the browser (through my mobile plan)  I was told that I need to down load telstra web portal but I read somewhere that the 9650 wont work for Telstra; Im unsure how old the website posting was (Ill have to search) even the blackberry support team is stumped and has to reaserch this. I dont want to get the blackberry plan.....they want extra moneye for that...besides i dont need another email service...lol any insight would be greatly appreciated.  CHEERS...

So, who is the device branded to? Verizon or Sprint?

The 9650 is primarily a CDMA network device. As a quad-band "world phone" it does include the network bands for GSM EDGE services across the planet, but not for all "3g bands".

Simply, you've just got the wrong phone for the wrong network, to get 3g in Australia on Telstra.

No, you can't add that 3g frequency to it, it is what it is.

And yes, you will be required to have the BlackBerry Data Plan on your Telstra account for all of the BlackBerry data functions like RIM push email, Messenger, Facebook, etc. Without that data plan, you'll get use of the WiFi hotspot browser and a limited number of third party applications.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
daxs
My Device: Z10

Its Branded to SPRINT but I bought the phone outright late MARCH 2011, was told sims cards are out the door now and this blackberry is the last model that uses Sim cards....even though here in Australia they still use sim cards. I havent been living in the states since 2004, so Im behind in all that is going on sorta speak. DAM Im locked into a 2 yr contract too...bloody hell, O well TY for the answer m8. 

JSanders
Solutions: 5,988
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I don't understand what you say about "was told sims cards are out the door now and this blackberry is the last model that uses Sim cards."

That is just not true.

ALL GSM network devices (BlackBerry, Android, etc.) use SIM cards.

CDMA network devices do not use SIM cards.

Those devices called "World Phones" like your 9650 use SIM cards to connect to GSM networks.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code