Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
kashanheera
My Device: Blackberry bold 5 9790
My Carrier: Warid

Accidentally Bought a Developers' Device Bold 9790

Hi,
I'm facing a problem with one of the devices. It is a 9790.
Was unable to find anything related to it on google or on forums.
Basicly, I bought it a few days back from a private seller.
Well, it doesn't has a box or anything with it, just the phone.
Now, I tried to upgrade the OS from 7.0 to 7.1. The device kept getting restarted on Connecting ROM and the Loader.exe kept going straight to finish.
Now I researched why would it do such a thing... forums and what not.. turned out I had to wipe it and than try again. Did that. Didn't work. Later, I saw another post to try from cmd loader.exe/NOJVM. Well that didn't work either.
Now, the thing is that I believe this phone is a developers device. I didn't know that at first place. Now that I have bought the device spent all the money on it I don't quite know what to do with it.
Is it useless or can anyone provide me with a code to fix this error?
Waiting eagerly for any of you guys to get back. 
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Accidentally Bought a Developers' Device Bold 9790

Hello kashanheera

Welcome to the Community

May I know how did you update the phone? Did you use the Blackberry Desktop Software?

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kashanheera

Loader.exe

I deleted the Vendor.xml files.

I even tried it from Desktop Manager. Same thing happened.

On Connecting ROM the device restarts and the installer(loader.exe or DesktopManager) ends. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

Does the phone go to a white screen?
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kashanheera

No. Simple reboot. with prograss bar and than I get a 507 error. Which of course is when there is no OS found. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

Please check this:

BlackBerry smartphone displays Error message “507” when upgrading BlackBerry Device Software

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kashanheera

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB11320&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

Didnt work. 

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB03621&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

Didnt work. 

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB13331&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

Didn't work. 

Let me explain it again. 

The Device gets detected and when the loader tries to connect rom the phone restarts as if someone just pulled out the battery and put back. It starts with the blackberry logo with a progress bar. 

This is what happens everytime I try to load an os. 

You need to look at this: 

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/16648/How_a_BB_authenticts_boot_ROM__and_binds_proc...

What i need is something that would make the loader or some softward that would allow me to put in OS files into this device. 

Please use plain text.