Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Papfox
My Device: Not Specified

Accidentally disabled my Bold headset - Help Please

Hi,

I had an accident with my Bold on the train this morning whilst listening to music (I think I was in the "Now Playing" screen.) I was listening to an MP3 with the supplied premium isolating headphones. I fumbled the device and hit one or more  of the convenience keys and possibly the volume rocker. The voice prompt came up asking me to say a command but got switched to the speakerphone rather than the headphones. Now when I play music it always comes out of the speakerphone and not the headphones as do all the tones like the email received sound.

I've tried soft and hard (battery out) resets both with and without the headset plugged in but nothing seems to fix it. I think I've possibly hit some clever magic key combination. Please cna some body tell me how to get it back to normal?

Thanks,

Pap.

Papfox
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Accidentally disabled my Bold headset - Help Please

[ Edited ]

Update: I'm starting to think this may be either headset or socket related. I found that if I unplug the headset and plug it in very slowly the bold recognises it sometimes. I also noticed the other day that the beadset button doesn't pause the music any more if I tap it.

I'm an audio engineer and I'm generally pretty good in the way I treat equipment. I've had the Bold about 3 weeks and I usually plug and unplug the headset twice a day as I listen to music on it while commuting. I woudlan't class that as heavy wear.

Cheers,

Pap.

Message Edited by Papfox on 10-15-2008 07:04 AM